Last Film You Saw

Billy Elliott - 9/10 a very good film. Also highlights what a great rock star Marc Bolan was, he turned out some great music.

Just finished the Maradona film

I thought it was really good, if possible 10-20mins too long. Well worth watching.

They didn’t have it in a normal cinema round here so had to go to an ‘Everyman’ one. It’s over £12 for a ticket and £6.60 for a big bottle of Moretti, although I still had 2!

If you’ve seen other Maradona docs or read books on him I’m not sure this would offer anything new from the story perspective but they use loads of family/friend home video footage, behind the scenes in the World Cups and the shots they use when he’s playing are all low down near the pitch. Also, Maradona speaks in it talking about various things. They touch on the organised crime and the impact it had on him but that could be a documentary on its own!

7.5/10. Well worth watching
Watched it today at Printworks, really enjoyed it and some great footage. Some of those tackles he faced when playing are shocking and Napoli fans are crazy. On the field amazing but off the field couldn’t handle the pressure but not surprising considering the situations he found himself in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.