Last Film You Saw

Parasite, at the cinema last week.

2/10. Boring as fuck.

2 hours and 20 minutes and the ending was cack as well.

Left twice just to go sit on the toilet to get away from the utter boredom of it.

20 minutes of The Rise Of Skywalker - more than enough. It was like 2 good and 5 bad movies smashed into one. The artistic equivalent of what several children on the sugar bender of their lives might scrawl on the walls if they were handed the worlds largest box of sharpies, poster paints and crayons. I have to give them credit for the sheer number of things they managed to cram in that offended me in one way or another. Stuffing Richard E Grant in there as a baddy was just the last straw.

On the other hand, I'm halfway through Midsommar, having previously given up twice at the twenty minute stage because that opening is so terribly bleak and the girl's situation is demonstrated to be so utterly awful in a way that's both utterly graphic and understated. At the moment I left it, I definitely feel like Ari actually did it, he's very carefully another serious film talking to us about young people facing the loss of their family and packaged it as a horror. But TBH I have this horrible feeling he's going to pull the carpet from under my feet again any minute and she's going to be torn to shreds just because that's what the genre demands happens to smart, pretty young girls.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.