Last Film You Saw

To be fair, I am only 15 mins into the documentary "I am ALI" about the legend himself.

It is BEAUTIFULLY shot and ties together the hearsays, facts and rumours so well, that you're getting the proper timeline of his life.

I'm only posting it up as some of you may miss it, if you're avid fans of great docs and sport.

Not reviewing it fully as I have to bob out, but may do it later, when I get the chance!

cibaman said:
toby said:
Mr Turner
if you like period films and are interested in Art then it's a good watch, if like my husband your not then it's a tad boring !

I thought I'd find it boring, especially at 149mins, but didnt. I'm not that keen on period fims or art. But its one of those films that is very enjoyable without it really being obvious why.

Spall is excellent, but for me Dorothy Atkinson playing his housekeeper stole the film. In most scenes she doesnt say a word but her facial expressions are priceless.

She reminded me of Blackadders Baldrick she was indeed brilliant and it wouldn't surprise me if she got a supporting role award .

ifiwasarichfan said:
Just this minute finished watching " The Wolf of Wall Street".

I am not really a fan of Leonardo De Caprio, it was three hours long, I never realised Martin Scorsese was the Director and it was a true story.

Going only from the Oscar nominations and after how disappointing "Gravity" and "American Hustle" were I was expecting the worse.

Absolutely superb film. I expect most on this thread have already seen it but easily a 9/10.

Totally agree, much better than i expected.

The Drop

Not bad, held my interest anyway.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02bxp56?intc_type=promo&intc_location=sport&intc_campaign=filmreview&intc_linkname=5live_factual_audioclip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02bxp5 ... _audioclip</a>

Saw Interstellar last night - really enjoyed it. Nolan does not disappoint.

Took lad to see Hunger Games - Mockingjay Pt1 for his birthday treat. Okay watch but did not think that it was as good as the first two. Every time there was a close up of Jennifer Lawrence's face, I kept thinking that Chris Martin is one lucky bastard getting to snog her.

The Babadook. Some dodgy effects but one of those films that had you pondering once it had finished. Enjoyed it anyway. 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.