Last Film You Saw

Just watching the fourth kind again on e4, loved it at the cinema, generally love these kind of films.

chabal said:
I saw the first 2/3rds of The Drop

8/10

Gandolfini was excellent.

Why only 2/3rds, so you missed the final 3rd and still gave it 8/10, so it must be a good film then .

deafmanstevo said:
chabal said:
I saw the first 2/3rds of The Drop

8/10

Gandolfini was excellent.

Why only 2/3rds, so you missed the final 3rd and still gave it 8/10, so it must be a good film then .

I was in Manchester killing time whilst waiting to pick up my wife and daughter who were on the lash. So I thought I'd see a film but unfortunately they were ready to be picked up earlier than I anticipated so I had to leave the film early.

Of course the final 1/3rd might have been awful but the plot was developing nicely.

Manchester_lalala said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
GaudinosWheels said:
Lone Survivor - very tense, very desperate.

It's grim viewing isn't it. Really hits home the brutality of war. The RPG bringing down the helicopter with 16 people on makes you think how soldiers over there faced this sort of thing day after day. One min you are alive and preparing to rescue your mates the next you are dead.

Black hawk down had a similar effect on me.,watched that again the other day.

Both class films which give you a good idea of the balls you've got to have being in the military. The bit in lone survivor where they get surrounded by the afghans is brilliant but horrible at the same time, seeing as the actual person went through that.

That's the bit that gets you. This actually happened! it's like the scene in Black Hawk Down where the two Delta Force drop down to protect the helicopter pilot almost certainly knowing that the odds of them surviving were extremely low. Brutal.

Hunger Games - thought was really good after for some reason always putting it off as not my type for film

edited to say just watched 2nd one - which was also very good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.