Last Film You Saw

Maradona,
What a cracking insight, actually felt sorry for him, brilliant talent. So sad.
The scenes when napoli won the league, reminded me of our league win. Playing in blue and white and an argie won it for us.

I have just watched once upon a time in Hollywood after meaning to do so for a long time. I liked it, the length of the film allowed some good actors to character build, the references to past were interesting. I would recommend you to learn a little about the Manson murders before watching it.

Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark with my kids last night, as they’ve never seen it. They asked when it was made and I realised it was nearly FORTY years ago. Don’t think I’ve ever felt so old.

I have just watched once upon a time in Hollywood after meaning to do so for a long time. I liked it, the length of the film allowed some good actors to character build, the references to past were interesting. I would recommend you to learn a little about the Manson murders before watching it.

Thought it was pointless garbage tbh and I love Tarantino films as a rule.

Thought it was pointless garbage tbh and I love Tarantino films as a rule.
So do I, quite a few of his films he likes to carefully craft a story before he unleashes hell on the characters (Hateful Eight, Jackie Brown), this was one of those. He wanted the audience to become bonded with the characters knowing the Manson Murders and thus dreading what was about to happen to them. By approaching the film that way you may experience a better viewing, or not!

Watched Raiders of the Lost Ark with my kids last night, as they’ve never seen it. They asked when it was made and I realised it was nearly FORTY years ago. Don’t think I’ve ever felt so old.
I did the same with my daughter, in fact we went the full hog and watched all the sequels, she already thinks I’m ancient so the 40 years didn’t matter!

So do I, quite a few of his films he likes to carefully craft a story before he unleashes hell on the characters (Hateful Eight, Jackie Brown), this was one of those. He wanted the audience to become bonded with the characters knowing the Manson Murders and thus dreading what was about to happen to them. By approaching the film that way you may experience a better viewing, or not!

The problem for me was there wasn't a story and the ending was a bit of a let down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.