Last Film You Saw

Looks utter dross, like an idea a 5-year old had!

TBF, it kind of abandons its initial setup as a sustainable model around the 45 min mark.

It kind of says 'Fook it, anything goes!'! I ended up scratching my head at certain points, but then I realised I'm supposed to try and enjoy the film as hokum rather than critical thinking!

Here are some ladies celebrating the sale...
world-cup-hot-swedish-girls-464100799.jpg

Nasri looks shocked.

...drew the line with Inland Empire which was terrible.

That was actually the last film I saw. I am hard of hearing but fortunately the entire script is viewable online and the subtitles for the Polish bits meant that I got through it okay.

Had zero expectations because of its notoriety but found myself enjoying what I saw so much I am going to watch the whole thing again fairly soon.

What Lynch is very good at is evoking the hypnagogic imagery of the dream state and he does that especially well here.

From an online article:

‘The only hint that Lynch has ever given about the film comes in the form of a quote from the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad: “We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe.”

It could just be me but I also get the impression that Lynch is suspicious of the idea of the self as a kind of essence with a fixed and given nature. Instead it is something theatrical in the sense that it is better understood in terms of the roles a person plays in life. Our personality (or personalities) are analogous to the characters an actor or actress might play on the stage.

There was a lot of that going on in the Twin Peaks revival too, with the two Coopers, the tulpa of Diane, the two Trumans, and so on.

Better stop there as it is also probably not a good idea to analyse Lynch too much as you run the risk of coming across as a bit of a twat, as I do in this post.

Last edited:
Watched Stardust the David Essex film from the 70’s on Talking Pictures last night, didn’t realise some of it was filmed at Belle Vue including the Kings Hall, saw it when it was first released I forgot Larry Hagman was in it,

That was actually the last film I saw. I am hard of hearing but fortunately the entire script is viewable online and the subtitles for the Polish bits meant that I got through it okay.

Had zero expectations because of its notoriety but found myself enjoying what I saw so much I am going to watch the whole thing again fairly soon.

What Lynch is very good at is evoking the hypnagogic imagery of the dream state and he does that especially well here.

From an online article:

‘The only hint that Lynch has ever given about the film comes in the form of a quote from the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad: “We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe.”

It could just be me but I also get the impression that Lynch is suspicious of the idea of the self as a kind of essence with a fixed and given nature. Instead it is something theatrical in the sense that it is better understood in terms of the roles a person plays in life. Our personality (or personalities) are analogous to the characters an actor or actress might play on the stage.

There was a lot of that going on in the Twin Peaks revival too, with the two Coopers, the tulpa of Diane, the two Trumans, and so on.

Better stop there as it is also probably not a good idea to analyse Lynch too much as you run the risk of coming across as a bit of a twat, as I do in this post.
Not at all. Fair play to you. You saw much more in this film than I ever could, and a very interesting observation.
Might give it another go if I ever come across it again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.