Last Film You Saw

Just saw that was on t.v the other day. I wouldn't normally watch any of that kind of shite but she had a cracking body so I left it on.
Can it be listed in, so bad it's actually good?
The Meg is another, laugh out loud because it's awful.

We need to talk about Wonder Woman 84, WHAT A PILE OF SHIT. There is so much wrong with this film that they have just undone all the good work for DC on Joker and what looks like might be good in the Batman film. There's a lot wrong with this film:

It starts off OK, decent scene with the younger Diana being taught some kind of life lesson. You think that lesson will comeback in the film at some point, it kind of does but you have to work at it to pick up the lesson, pretty shit basic storytelling.

They tried to make it a clapback to the 80's and the original WW, great to add nostalgia in there cos everyone loved the 80s but FFS let's try and spruce it up with some better camera and CGI work? Some of the worst i've seen in a long long time for a big budget film.

The music was by Hans Zimmer and the first piece he has made for the first scene i mentioned is great, after that you will know its Hans Zimmers music because its literally music taken from other films! Like one scene where they just take the Time song from Inception, no change to it, they have just uplifted it and used it here. There are some of the music he made for Batman vs Superman and maybe Justice League as well. Clearly the film score wasn't finished and Warner didn't want to wait, so they pushed this piece of shit out into the toilet bowl as quick as possible.

Gal Gadot is fit, we know she's fit, but she really can't act. I know you don't really need to act for this character, but it would fucking help tbh. IMO she is getting worse and you can see that Chris Pine was just going through the motions, he wanted out of this franchise ASAP.

Kirsten Wiig, fucking hell she's terrible. At this point, she is literally playing herself in every film and this is just poor casting as well as re-hashing so many of the same character arcs we've seen millions of times. SHIT.

I really wanted to like this film, i didn't think the first was that bad, in fact i quite liked it. But this film has some weird undertones to it, making some weird points about Arabs (IMHO) as well and seems like its Gal Gadot's views on the world literally put directly to film. Not to spoil the film for others, it's shit honestly, but there is a scene where she is riding on a tank or some sort and some stupid village Arab kids run into the road while playing (cos that's they do innit) and she knows there's only one way to save them. So she tells Chris Pine to launch an RPG straight ahead, yes AN RPG, and she lasso's onto it and is flying through the air, i mean i nearly stopped the film there but i hate not finishing a film.

If you feel like a bit of self-torture, maybe give it a go. Otherwise, AVOID this piece of shit.
So was it any good?

Sonic 6/10. After my son insisted we watched Dr Poolittle last night, I feared the worst when he suggested Sonic tonight. But it was much better than I expected.
Often what makes or breaks these kind of films is the villain, who are usually forgetable, in this case they got lucky with Jim Carrey who was very good and chewed the scenery.

Interstellar again. Stayed up too late to watch it all. I absolutely love it, brilliant film. Not flawless by any means and I have no clue about the science, but bloody brilliant

Collateral re released in 4k Dolby vision, looks very good on my oled and the soundtrack is great, Cruise in one of his very few bad guy roles, is not quite as menancing as he could be and Fox is good as his patsy. 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.