Last Film You Saw

The Twilight Samurai

Amazing Japanese movie about a poor windowed samurai struggling financially to support his family, while trying to maintain his honour/dignity. An absolute classic imo...soundtrack was amazing too. Slow burn but all the better for it.

9/10
Yoji Yamada's Samurai Trilogy is worth all the plaudits it gained. If Twilight Samurai is a 9, the other two (The Hidden Blade, Love And Honor.) are good 8s.

It took me a long time to find them on Blu-Ray but it was definitely worth it. I don't know what the state of the versions on Amazon (or whatever) are like.

Concussion - the story of the discovery of Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and how the NFL went to extraordinary lengths to discredit the doctor who discovered it.
Never been much of a Will Smith fan but this is an excellent film.

The Twilight Samurai

Amazing Japanese movie about a poor windowed samurai struggling financially to support his family, while trying to maintain his honour/dignity. An absolute classic imo...soundtrack was amazing too. Slow burn but all the better for it.

9/10
Yoji Yamada's Samurai Trilogy is worth all the plaudits it gained. If Twilight Samurai is a 9, the other two (The Hidden Blade, Love And Honor.) are good 8s.

It took me a long time to find them on Blu-Ray but it was definitely worth it. I don't know what the state of the versions on Amazon (or whatever) are like.
Agreed with points made here, superb film as are the other two mentioned.

In Bruges 8:10

Classic gets better each watch, Farrell, Fiennes and Gleeson are just fantastic.
As per my post on the previous page, Martin McDonagh has reunited Gleeson and Farrell in his latest, The Banshees of Inisherin, on general release this Friday
Very good and has more depth, but probably lacks the out and out belly laugh moments of In Bruges

As per my post on the previous page, Martin McDonagh has reunited Gleeson and Farrell in his latest, The Banshees of Inisherin, on general release this Friday
Very good and has more depth, but probably lacks the out and out belly laugh moments of In Bruges
Have you seen it already ?

I just watched Dead For A Dollar.
Willem Dafoe and Christopher Waltz. Excellent western if you like westerns.
7.5/10

Ultraviolent Neil Maskell thriller. He's great. The film is not bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.