Last Film You Saw

I rewatched The Omen (1976) then watched the extras. It is a decent film, full of great moments, rather than a great film. You've got Oscar winners/nominees in Gregory Peck and Lee Remick, allied with a big cast of largely UK actors.

The three who stand out are Billie Whitelaw as the unhinged satanic nanny, David Warner as the doomed photographer and dear old Patrick Troughton as the priest with wind issues!

Whitelaw is Uber creepy just utterly malevolent and never knows when she's down! Warner's decapitation is legendary and a source of many anecdotes from the genre legend! Troughton looks wild, feral with red rimmed eyes, unshaved and compelling when trying to convince Peck his boy's satan on earth.

Well for sticking a spire and skewering the Second Doctor I say fuck you satan, down with that sort of thing!

Anyway Richard Donner the director originally wanted all events to be coincidence and open to interpretation as to whether they were the work of diabolical forces. The studio overruled him and said it should clearly be the work of Damien.

A great anecdote is when casting Damien, Donner would say to the kids to attack him, really go for it, as in the scene taking Damien to church.

Anyway young Harvey Stephens received this direction and proceeded to punch Donner in the nuts and wouldn't stop! Donner said pick the kid up, dye his hair, that is Damien!! Pmsl!!!!!!! Stephens went on to have a career in the City as a broker, whenever something inexplicable happened the other twats in the office would hum the Omen music!

The music is disturbing and shows typical Jerry Goldsmith invention, won his only Oscar for it.

Think Omens II and III had their moments and had very charasmatic Damiens but the original is a bit special.

I suspect if il diabolus infernum is walking the earth, he's probably a rag!

Scared the shit out of me this film! Think rewatching it now after only watching once or twice 30+ years ago would spoil the film for me..

Scared the shit out of me this film! Think rewatching it now after only watching once or twice 30+ years ago would spoil the film for me..
Saw it when I was about 12, scariest thing I’ve ever watched to this day, not the jumping kind the it’s fucking evil kind, I don’t think I’ve watched it since, the other two sequels are as bad.

When I was a kid horror movies, well some, also scared me. When I was in my early teens I gave up believing in god the devil, demons etc, so since then they have never scared me. Exorcist included. I do enjoy a good one still though. And a horror movie made well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.