Last Film You Saw

Watched the first of the Star Trek movies last night (Chris Pine ones). I’ve seen them before but my girlfriend has never seen a single episode of Star Trek in her life and apart from Kirk and Spock she had no idea who anyone was. Blows my mind that she had never watched ANY sci-fi in her life - her mum seemed to think kids shouldn’t waste time on such stuff so they never watched Star Wars even.
Having to constantly pause the film to explain who each character was, that teleporting exists etc was surreal!
Karl Urban is brilliant as Bones (McCoy)

Watched the first of the Star Trek movies last night (Chris Pine ones). I’ve seen them before but my girlfriend has never seen a single episode of Star Trek in her life and apart from Kirk and Spock she had no idea who anyone was. Blows my mind that she had never watched ANY sci-fi in her life - her mum seemed to think kids shouldn’t waste time on such stuff so they never watched Star Wars even.
Having to constantly pause the film to explain who each character was, that teleporting exists etc was surreal!
I have something in common with your girlfriend.

Any pics btw ?

Watched yesterday afternoon, after the average reviews I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed, silly but entertaining
Just seen the new Indiana Jones tonight and it was OK, not brilliant, not terrible and had quite a lot of nostalgia to it. Plot line wasnt a patch on the first 3 movies though and I really didnt like the ending. It also had a lot of what I dont like with most modern movies and that is the over reliance on CGI. I miss the real stunts, that people used to do and there some exceptional ones in the earlier Indiana Jones movies with vast sets to act as a backdrop.

Worth a watch, yeah but dont expect anything special.

Last edited:
Judy. Renee Zellewegger did a superb job of playing Judy Garland. I really enjoyed this film. 8/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.