Last Film You Saw

Barbie

Close to the worst movie I've ever seen. The style of it was fine but the message was insulting to every man, woman and child.
The message seems to be that women are completely downtrodden in today's society. It seems that women have to look a certain way or be a certain size or impress the other sex but men don't have any of the same anxieties because everything is granted to them on a golden platter.

And their only answer is to abuse and manipulate men. There is little to no attempt to treat both sexes as equals.

So none of us have high-powered intelligent and fairminded female bosses, or strong willed independent kind sisters or fantastic nieces with abundant opportunities ahead of them. And none worry about what we see in the mirror, of the mental health of our kind hearted male friends who grind everyday or nephews struggling to find a place in the world.

What would Cindy and Action Man think?

Barbie

Close to the worst movie I've ever seen. The style of it was fine but the message was insulting to every man, woman and child.
The message seems to be that women are completely downtrodden in today's society. It seems that women have to look a certain way or be a certain size or impress the other sex but men don't have any of the same anxieties because everything is granted to them on a golden platter.

And their only answer is to abuse and manipulate men. There is little to no attempt to treat both sexes as equals.

So none of us have high-powered intelligent and fairminded female bosses, or strong willed independent kind sisters or fantastic nieces with abundant opportunities ahead of them. And none worry about what we see in the mirror, of the mental health of our kind hearted male friends who grind everyday or nephews struggling to find a place in the world.

What would Cindy and Action Man think?
Just curious as to why you would watch this mate?

Talk to Me, debut film from a couple of Aussie YouTube channel-owning brothers. If that doesn't sound promising don't fear as it's actually a half-decent horror, a genre where the pickings have been pretty thin recently. It's a novel take on the possession theme, where shaking the plaster-encased hand of a deceased psychic provides a gateway to contacting randoms in the afterlife. Well acted from a largely unknown cast, with enough shocks and tense moments to do the genre justice. 6.5/10 from me.

Talk to Me, debut film from a couple of Aussie YouTube channel-owning brothers. If that doesn't sound promising don't fear as it's actually a half-decent horror, a genre where the pickings have been pretty thin recently. It's a novel take on the possession theme, where shaking the plaster-encased hand of a deceased psychic provides a gateway to contacting randoms in the afterlife. Well acted from a largely unknown cast, with enough shocks and tense moments to do the genre justice. 6.5/10 from me.
I thought it was derivative shite. Annoying characters, story been done a million times before. Seen a few reviews commending the fact it was a hand instead of a ouija board. Clutching at straws there.

Just watched Run Rabbit Run. Another waste of nearly 2 hours

Just curious as to why you would watch this mate?
I had heard it was good and my youngest wanted to watch it.

What I heard was that it had a great story to tell for girls and boys. Maybe it was just me but I was left shocked (I'd understand it if it was made in the 70s, 80s maybe even 90s but not today surely)

TMNT 2023, strange type of animation like the new Spidey films, slightly different take on the other TMNT stories, likeable 5/10

I had heard it was good and my youngest wanted to watch it.

What I heard was that it had a great story to tell for girls and boys. Maybe it was just me but I was left shocked (I'd understand it if it was made in the 70s, 80s maybe even 90s but not today surely)
Cheers mate. I was only curious because I expect a lot of people will be taking their kids to see it. My mum took my nephew and said it was bizarre to say the least.

The Dam Busters - On Blu-Ray with plenty of extras, including an interview with the utter legend that is Barnes Wallis (never heard him speak before). It is without doubt one of the greatest war films ever made, especially considering the lack of info they were given due to the official secrets act. In my top 5 films of all time, and a solid 10/10 on the greatfilmometer.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.