Last Film You Saw

The Old Oak.

Probably Loach's last, and not his best.

Syrian refugees "dumped" in a Durham pit village in 2016, and the local pub landlord as the go-between in the community. Very topical though, even the sideline of dangerous dogs. Nice ending withthe refugees showing solidarity with the Durham Miners Gala. Just don't tell Starmer I went to see a Ken Loach film.

The Old Oak.

Probably Loach's last, and not his best.

Syrian refugees "dumped" in a Durham pit village in 2016, and the local pub landlord as the go-between in the community. Very topical though, even the sideline of dangerous dogs. Nice ending withthe refugees showing solidarity with the Durham Miners Gala. Just don't tell Starmer I went to see a Ken Loach film.
excommunicado-john.gif

sanxit-indorsata-excommunicado.gif

I watched Love & Mercy, which is basically the story of Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys fame (and his psychosis).

As a fan of the BB's I really liked it. The main actors did a great job but as per, the support actors were a bit meh..

Paul Giamatti and John Cusack were very good, and Elizabeth Banks is extremely tasty :)

Brian seemed obsessed with bettering The Beatles Rubber Soul album, which I think he did with Pet Sounds, (but the The Beatles came up with Revolver).

Anyway if you like their music it's a good film.

8.2/10
Watched this on your recommendation, very good, another tortured genius taken advantage of. Could have sworn he'd died, well you learn something new everyday.

Waiting For The Barbarians

Johnny Depp
Mark Rylance

Filmed in Morocco with a lavish production. I can nail this down, if you like slow burners with not a lot of shooting or explosions I recommend it. I really enjoyed this film. Depp & Rylance were both excellent.

It makes you really think about the absolute cruelty of "empires"

8.5/10

Scary stories to tell in the dark. 6/10. Started off very good in the first act, but tailed off badly as soon as the 'stories' started.

No One Will Save You - Netflix horror/alien/home invasion

5/10. I didn't turn it off, so it must have been ok, and starts promisingly, but i think it was trying to say something that it never quite gets around to and subsequently becomes a little repetitive. I like Kaitlyn Dever though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.