Last Film You Saw

I can relate to this. Watched when i was 11 and don't think slept for about 5 years terrified Freddie was coming for me.
I remember seeing it a packed Roxy in Oldham, two girls sat in front of us when Johnny Depp gets dragged into his bed literally shit themselves, I was pissing myself laughing at them.

Some very good movies available to stream for free on ITVx at the moment, among which are:

Five Easy Pieces (early Jack Nicolson character study - better than One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest in my view).

The People Versus Larry Flynt (excellent performances by Woody Harrelson and Courtney Love)

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (biographical spy film about the alleged secret life of a gameshow host and producer)

Bad Lieutenant (an extraordinary performance by Harvey Keitel - would be interested to know if the Werner Herzog version with Nicolas Cage is worth the bother).

Watched White Tiger last night in preparation for my upcoming trip to India. Not sure it will get the tourist board seal of approval but entertaining none the less.

Some very good movies available to stream for free on ITVx at the moment, among which are:

Five Easy Pieces (early Jack Nicolson character study - better than One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest in my view).

The People Versus Larry Flynt (excellent performances by Woody Harrelson and Courtney Love)

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (biographical spy film about the alleged secret life of a gameshow host and producer)

Bad Lieutenant (an extraordinary performance by Harvey Keitel - would be interested to know if the Werner Herzog version with Nicolas Cage is worth the bother).
With Nicolas Cage??? NO!!!

I'm currently watching Cavalcade - half way through.

Cavalcade is a 1933 American film which covers the life and events surrounding the English upper class Marryot family, covering the years 1899 through 1933.

The movie is OK - nothing exciting - but interesting nonetheless for those, like me, interested in life in England during this period.

I noticed several plot points in Cavalcade which seem to have inspired story lines in Downton Abbey.

6/10 - Cavalcade isn't a great film by present standards in spite of winning the Oscar for best film of the year; yet it will likely prove interesting for those interested in this time period of English history.

Watched half hour of Kandahar. Load of shit. TV is far far better in my opinion. Movies really don't scratch any kind of itch these days.

Gran Turismo

Loved the cars and the racing.

The acting and dialogue were pretty damn awful.

6/10.
Really like that film but it was like a school of acting. Clint being the teacher and all the others learning how to do it. :)

I re-watched Fury.
Brad Pitt.

A WWII film I really like. Great direction by David Ayer....It center's around a young lad called Norman, a sensitive soul, who's only ever done office work. And depicts how fucking gruesome war is and you can imagine he would be scarred for life, especially as even his own crew relentlessly bully him.

The depiction of Fury and its commander Wardaddy parallels the experience of several real allied tanks, such as the American tank commander, Sgt Lafayette (War Daddy) Pool who landed just after D-Day and destroyed 258 enemy vehicles before his tank was knocked out in Germany in late 1944.

8.6/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.