Last Film You Saw

The Suicide Squad (2016). Dreadful. Watched last night on Amazon Prime. Apparently there is another Suicide Squad (2021) which is better. I won't be watching it. One was more than enough.

The first one is pretty dire, from what I recall a poorly lit mess with a rotten ending.
The second one is much lighter in tone.

The Killer

1/10 (for the extended fight scene)

The cod philosophising throughout was just boring, and the movie itself was completely uninspired.

Really like Fincher and Fassbender but this was a complete dud.

Grosse Pointe Blank and the TV series Mr Inbetween are both far superior.

Gattaca. Came out the same year as titanic and was largely overlooked because of that. But, it’s a masterpiece in its own right. Probably Ethan Hawke’s and Jude Laws best movie with an amazing script, lighting and soundtrack.
It was included as an answer to a question on Only Connect earlier this week and it made me remember how much I rated this when it came out. Brilliant film.

Flight of the Phoenix (2004) - 6/10

Dennis Quaid was decent, solid survival movie but felt like the characters were never really in danger. Script and plot was poor. Plan to get back to civilisation would never work but it was fun.
Should try the original version, all star cast and great acting. Maybe watching the poor remake first has ruined the enjoyment of watching the original.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.