Last Film You Saw

Fellowship of the Ring, extended version, still holds up after 20 odd years, Jackson did the books justice in my opinio, yes I know certain characters were omitted and I suppose if Netflix etc had existed then it wouldve been a longer series adaptatoon and fitted more in, but for the big screen I don’t think a book has been adapted better. 10/10.

Miss Meadows - Katie Holmes is fit as a vigilante, you could dive a truck though the holes in the plot, but it's decent fun for 90 minutes, 6.75/10

Fellowship of the Ring, extended version, still holds up after 20 odd years, Jackson did the books justice in my opinio, yes I know certain characters were omitted and I suppose if Netflix etc had existed then it wouldve been a longer series adaptatoon and fitted more in, but for the big screen I don’t think a book has been adapted better. 10/10.
Is this on netflix or amazon prime mate? Prime is absolutely shit for finding films

Evil Dead Rise

We're not really horror buffs and were simply perusing the latest film releases in search of Napoleon, when Evil Dead Rise popped up. I remember well Sam Rami's original Evil Dead from back in the eighties that we rented on VHS, alongside I spit On Your Grave.

Anyway, for posterity reasons, we decided to give it a watch, taking us on an unnerving rollercoaster ride deep into the heady realms of blood guts and gore.

Evil Dead Rise was faithful to Sam's trilogy, but still remained distinct in its own right. The special effects were nothing short of immense, displaying what a few decades of CGI can do to create atmospheric chaos, pre slumber.

Cronin has done well with this unhinged offering and if anyone is a fan of this genre .. then hit the play button.

At films end we chanted from Ephesians 6:12 from inside our hastily built pentagon .. for at least another hour.
"O sacred Archangel St. Michael, Prince of heavenly host, defend us in battle, and in the struggle against the principalities and Power, and against the rulers of this world of darkness, and against spirits of evil in high places" Amen : /

Score is 9/10:

Last edited:
Slogging my way through The Burial.

It's OK-ish. But over-the-top unbelievable (intentionally so) and too full of contrived feel-good moments. I've stopped watching this midway through... not sure if I'll watch the rest.

The Nutty Professor (1963)

Probably hadn't seen it since I was a kid. Still funny, enjoyed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.