Last Film You Saw

We watched Late Night with the Devil last night and I thought it was fantastic. I love stories about hubris, stories about the dangers of obsession with fame and power, and this is a brilliant example.

Basic premise is that a late night talk show host in 70's USA decides to bring an exorcist and her subject (a kid who can supposedly speak to the devil) onto the show to save faltering ratings. Even when it slowly becomes clear that - despite their assumptions - she is not a scam artist, he insists on persisting with the show, with disastrous results.

It is created almost entirely in the visual style of a real VHS recording of a 70s show, and it's one of the best horrors I've ever seen.
Thought it was shite to be honest 4/10

Absolutely Anything, found it on Amazon. Directed by Terry Jones and featuring the voices of the Pythons. Simon Pegg and Kate Beckinsale lead roles. Truly, truly awful film, an embarrassment to UK film and a sad prelude to Terry Jones withering health. Why everyone in it chose to be part of it absolutely mystifies me.

Black Crab (Netflix) - Swedish apocalyptic civil war affair (best action film of the year, in the read up). Kept waiting for stuff to happen, it didn't. Some decent visuals, 3/10

Super 8, now in 4k and got bollocked for having it too loud, lots of bass on the train crash, bit if a goonies meets ET, from JJ Abrams 6.5/10.

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes

Have been looking forward to this, came away feeling a little deflated. Visually all well and good. Just felt more like a set up for the next one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.