Last Film You Saw

Along with Asghar Farhadi, Hirokazu Kore-Eda is probably the world’s greatest living movie director.

For all that, I still have to be in the right mood to watch ‘art house’ cinema these days.

Finally managed that with his latest film, Monster.

It’s not quite as good as Shoplifters (which won the Palm d’Or a few years ago) but is still exceptional.

For anyone who might be interested, it’s hard to describe the plot without mentioning spoilers. Too many of the reviews do that, unfortunately.

Apart from this one:

Time Machine. Brilliant film.

I’m always reminded of this film when I go to somewhere old like an old castle or something that’s stood for hundreds of years, the scene where he actually watched the window change through time and I do wonder what went on in the spot I was stood how many people have been through there etc,it would be brilliant to see.

Woman In Black - A genuinely creepy/scary film, and it takes a quite a lot to un-nerve me film wise, 8/10

For a film that's a 12a it does one hell of a job of shitting you up. Some of it genuinely had me jumping. Remember watching it in the cinema and more people seems unnerved by this than Hereditary.

Along with Asghar Farhadi, Hirokazu Kore-Eda is probably the world’s greatest living movie director.

For all that, I still have to be in the right mood to watch ‘art house’ cinema these days.

It’s not quite as good as Shoplifters (which won the Palm d’Or a few years ago) but is still exceptional.

For anyone who might be interested, it’s hard to describe the plot without mentioning spoilers. Too many of the reviews do that, unfortunately.

Apart from this one:

I've had "Monster" to watch for AGES, but I forgot to grab the subtitles back then and still haven't cos I know it's going to be work! It doesn't help with the job I have now, as I don't have the time I used to, to relax, absorb and decipher.

But, yeah, my patience for arthouse has lessened somewhat over time, so I feel your pain.

Ferris Buellers day off, has a new 4k and Atmos sound release, still a great 80s film 38 years ago! The sound especially with the Yello music bounces round the room, the first film I remember with a proper post credit scene (although it’s not the first).

The film of my youth, forever, linked to my soul!!

I'm gonna grab that 4K!

Thanks!!

Apart from this one:

The wife loves these type of films I will acquire it for her now together with shoplifters.

Bad Boys For Life very enjoyable film, same as the others but Lawrence is on form in this, watch to the end credits as well 7.5/10
Bikeriders Jody Como is one hell of an actress, based on a true story, very good 7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.