Last Film You Saw

Joe (2013) 7/10

This is a gritty, depressing story on the whole. Some people may be put off because it's Nicholas Cage, who I actually like, but he acts particularly well in this. Good performances all round really.

An interesting fact is the man who plays the drunk violent father was actually a local homeless man given the role by the director. The guy, Gary Poulter, died on the streets a couple of months after filming. His was probably the best performance.

TGR said:
Just watched The Departed on the stream.
A 2006 film but a very good one.
Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Alec Baldwin and produced by no less than Brad Pitt.
Excellent 'Irish Mafia' movie with some very good twists and turns.
8/10 from me.

Quality film. DiCaprio's best in my book.

everythingchangesbutblue said:
des hardi said:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre(Orig`) 9/10. As horrors go this is up there as a cult classic. had to read up on Gein and the making of the movie as its interesting stuff. way too graphic at times.........i was spooked.

Anchorman 2 6/10. funny-ish.

Stepbrothers 9/10.

John C Reilly is legendary in this,hilarious flaw-less comedy.

Dom Hemingway 6/10. not a bad flick about a horrible **** past his sell by date,only thing you ll root for is his family even though Dom is horrible you end up hoping for their sakes he comes good. law was so so....... grant was very good as usual.

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is an all time classic for me. Its interesting to hear you say its way too graphic at times as the film is practically bloodless, nothing is shown at all. Its testimony to how well made it is that viewers imagine they are seeing all kinds of carnage when in fact the opposite is true.
haha funny you should mention that as it came up in conversation with a mate....we used rutger hauer `s the hitcher -the scence with artcic trucks and the woman tied between them.....according any memory that scence is decribed in graphic accounts but in reality not much happened. True great cinematography the the audience fools themselves with their own imaginations.

jimharri said:
stony said:
tom said:
The best western ever made

The outlaw Josey Wales reckons you're chatting shit.
Correct. Fantastic film. Unforgiven was/is good, but the best western ever made? Pfft. The Searchers and High Noon knock it into the middle of next year.

"The Searchers" is one of my favourite films ever and my favourite western, definitely.

Wayne is a revelation in it.

Bigga said:
jimharri said:
stony said:
The outlaw Josey Wales reckons you're chatting shit.
Correct. Fantastic film. Unforgiven was/is good, but the best western ever made? Pfft. The Searchers and High Noon knock it into the middle of next year.

"The Searchers" is one of my favourite films ever and my favourite western, definitely.

With knobs on bigga

Nothing beats cat ballou for me though (:

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Bigga said:
jimharri said:

With knobs on bigga

Nothing beats cat ballou for me though (:

To see the 'King' in that, with those dulcet tones, and the rather svelte but purrrrrfect Jane Fonda, is manor from heaven.

An excellent comedy flick!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.