Last Film You Saw

War Dogs. Thought it was great. That its based on a true story is all the more remarkable. 8.5/10

What we do in the shadows - thought it looked crap but watched it and its actually very good. "We're werewolves, not swearwolves :) 8/10

I watched War dogs and Hell or high water on the weekend. Both good.
Although someone called hell or high water a western, so I was expecting a western, not Firebirds and Ford Broncos.

On the basis of the reviews it's been getting, I went to the cinema for the first time in a year to watch Arrival yesterday.

Great film even though I went in expecting a lot. Bit of a thinker and different to a lot of sci-fi films.

I'll wait a few weeks to discuss details as I don't want to give too much away.

Don't go mad and spend £15 a ticket or whatever Vue/Odeon/Cineworld are charging these days - try and find an independent one as my local was a fiver. Make sure you see it on the big screen with surround sound at least once though.

Mustang
A Turkish film about five orphaned girls growing up with their gran in an oppressive village and them trying to break free.
Shows the hypocrisy of men towards women in misogynist regimes.

Much better than expected.

On the basis of the reviews it's been getting, I went to the cinema for the first time in a year to watch Arrival yesterday.

Great film even though I went in expecting a lot. Bit of a thinker and different to a lot of sci-fi films.

I'll wait a few weeks to discuss details as I don't want to give too much away.

Don't go mad and spend £15 a ticket or whatever Vue/Odeon/Cineworld are charging these days - try and find an independent one as my local was a fiver. Make sure you see it on the big screen with surround sound at least once though.

AMC in deansgate charge about £5 before 11am on weekends so might try there.

'The Accountant' - Wouldn't recommend it. Very stupid action movie with one big action sequence and the rest of the movie is Ben Affleck basically... being an accountant. I have come to expect more from his movies lately but this is one that will drop off the radar quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.