Last Film You Saw

He produced it and was key in the films development, having a star was good for the film's promotion and added to that all his family are west african, so he just did an impression of his parents, eh. Not really that strange considering.
Fair play, didn't realise he was that involved beyond just acting in it.

Last edited:
5/10 very harsh score. Its a cerebral rather than an action sci-fi. Slow burner and little action but still very good. Similar in that way to Moon imo.
I understand that and in sci-fi I'd lean towards cerebral films, I just feel that the film has very little to make it stand out, the non lineal time idea had the potential to be interesting as did the linguistics but they seemed to shy away from really delving into either and they focused far too much on the American site, if they wanted a slow burner they should have shown the other sites and the difficulties there to give context and contrast. Far from a bad film but not a great one imo.

I understand that and in sci-fi I'd lean towards cerebral films, I just feel that the film has very little to make it stand out, the non lineal time idea had the potential to be interesting as did the linguistics but they seemed to shy away from really delving into either and they focused far too much on the American site, if they wanted a slow burner they should have shown the other sites and the difficulties there to give context and contrast. Far from a bad film but not a great one imo.

A three or four hour film may have given them time to explore further and I would be all for that. I thought the big twist was overall very satisfying.

A three or four hour film may have given them time to explore further and I would be all for that. I thought the big twist was overall very satisfying.
The phone call?

It was good, they could have built to it better though, agreed they probably tried to cover too many issues in too short a film, I was actually quite surprised when it got to the ending as it felt set up for a much longer film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.