Last Film You Saw

Just watched Parker. Typical Jason Statham film. Beats up baddies, gets beat up, gets revenge, shags/doesn't shag fit bird who loves him, happy ending. Enjoyed it but felt in need of a little culture afterwards. Found a nice BBC4 documentary about the hundred years war and just as I'd settled down to watch, the main presenter, some bird who is supposedly a doctor and should know fucking better, committed the cardinal sin of saying "pacifically" when she meant "specifically". This was on the BBC FFS! Wtf am I paying my licence fee for!? It isn't for brain dead fucking morons with a doctorate to sound like they are out of an Armstrong and Miller WW2 pilot sketch. I want my licence fee back. Cunts!

I'm half an hour into Oppenheimer's piece "The Look of Silence", which is a related piece to "The Act of Killing" (a film I still haven't finished due to emotional distress!).

A teacher sets out to find the truth about the genocide of his Indonesian people at Snake River.

Found myself on the verge of tears constantly knowing the brutality of Human Beings violence face to face.

Stomach churning reality.

I'm half an hour into Oppenheimer's piece "The Look of Silence", which is a related piece to "The Act of Killing" (a film I still haven't finished due to emotional distress!).

A teacher sets out to find the truth about the genocide of his Indonesian people at Snake River.

Found myself on the verge of tears constantly knowing the brutality of Human Beings violence face to face.

Stomach churning reality.

Interesting turn about this film.

Adi, the teacher, is looking for answers as to how his brother, Ramli, was murdered. Ironically, the perpetrators are on film, which must be in the first film, which I haven't finished. Although this is Adi's sincerely dangerous journey, you get the feeling of director Joshua Oppenheimer's outrage through the film.

Anyone who's filmed the first needs to watch the second for 'completion'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.