Last manager who City fans really wanted sacked

Nope Hughes (or Mike Rigg) did most of the scouting work Roberto Mancini gave the nod and did most of the coaching. In Yaya''s case Hughes brought in Kolo Toure.
I know Hughes signed Kolo, but Yaya arrived six months or so after Hughes was given his P45.

All managers have had some murmurings at the end of their time, with a vocal minority wanting them sacked. But there was no significant groundswell of support for sacking Pellegrini, Mancini, Hughes or Eriksson.

Last one was Pearce.

Hughes might not have been top class, but he brought SWP back home and at least we had some hope with others like Zabba, Kompany and De Jong. Adebayor and Robinho coming in. Pearce offered nothing in my view. He also had some success with Wales and Blackburn so at least I thought he knew what he was doing.
I don't think Hughes had anything to do with the signing of Kompany or Zabaletta as they were already sorted before he arrived. I suspect he had no input into signing the others mentioned either. He was certainly responsible for Crocky.

Hughes was an average manager who declined with age and ended up managing Bradford City in League Two for a reason.

I don't think Hughes had anything to do with the signing of Kompany or Zabaletta as they were already sorted before he arrived. I suspect he had no input into signing the others mentioned either. He was certainly responsible for Crocky.

Hughes was an average manager who declined with age and ended up managing Bradford City in League Two for a reason.
He could've been the reincarnation of Johann Cruyff, he'd still be a shite rag twat.

And he made a right fucking mess of that, too.

Pearce was horrendous
He did a half decent job to start with. The run to the verge of European qualification was testament to that, but he slowly became more and more defensive and negative and appeared absolutely fucking clueless.

His decision to play his "eggs in one basket" £6 million signing, striker, Giorgios Samaras, as a left-winger was proof of that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.