Last manager who City fans really wanted sacked

I thought Hughes was alright.

Desperately wanted rid of Pearce though. Nearly gave up my season ticket it was so boring.

Mostly Hughes but he did get us to our first Semi Final since 1981 and brought the likes of Yaya Toure (mostly down to signing his Brother), David Silva (ex rag Gibson did some of that work?) Pablo Zabaleta and Carlos Tevez. A good shout for Pearce. He was beyond useless.
Bobby brought in Yaya and Merlin.

Was never really a fan of Stuart Pearce as a footballer for City.
He did have a good career (especially as coming from non-League, into the professional game late), but came too late to City.
He still thought you could dive-in on the opposition and get 2 or 3 warnings. Lived on his past reputation and was not aware times had changed.
So when he became Manager, I was gutted.
He may be a good Coach ? But, definitely not a manager, as seen with his more recent role at West Ham.
From what I've heard, since he has left Manchester City, he is a bitter ex-employee with a severe grudge ?
That was clear to see after our victory in Istanbul last June.

Pretty much all of them at the end. Pellegrini and Mancini got loads of stick near the end of their tenure, but it was probably not the majority. Hughes for sure - although he did do some good things imo but not the level we needed - and especially Pearce before him. Pearce was absolutely fucking miserable to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.