Last season all over again?

jimharri said:
pauldominic said:
Pure stats - lies, damned lies and statistics.

City have a far better manager (ref: Sparky) and squad than 12 months ago. I only wish we still had Eriksson. He was the best of the three.
Same manager as 12 months ago. And yes, a better squad than this time last year; so why are we no better off, points-wise?
Because people like you didn't back the manager, that's why!

:)

Chippy_boy said:
Last season, after 27 games we had 49 points. This season, 27 games - 49 points.

Worryingly, this year Spurs have 47 points from 26 games. Last year they had only 43.

Even more worryingly, in the final 11 games last year, Spurs had to play Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Everton and us and they still took 27 points from 33. We managed only 18 points.

Surely we can't fuck it up AGAIN??? Please God no.

play like that the other day and we'll piss it.

A big difference to last season is that it was just us and spuds fighting for the one spot. There're 2 or 3 up for grabs this time round.

Spurs just keep picking up the points, and won yesterday in what is one of their toughest fixtures left with some of their best players out. I'm beginning to think that they're a safe bet for the top four and us and Chelsea are going to have to fight it out

Bluemoon115 said:
jimharri said:
Same manager as 12 months ago. And yes, a better squad than this time last year; so why are we no better off, points-wise?
Because people like you didn't back the manager, that's why!

:)
Right; glad we got to the root of our poor form since Christmas. It's all my fault. Sorry, one and all!

whitycity said:
A big difference to last season is that it was just us and spuds fighting for the one spot. There're 2 or 3 up for grabs this time round.
Very good point indeed. Many seem to be saying it us against Spurs for 4th. Totally ignoring the fact that Chelsea are doing no better than us or Spurs and that we are still in touch with a rather flakey Arsenal team. I hope the players don't flap like lots of the fans are currently doing.

It's going down to the wire again, and we don't do well in those situations. Spurs are looking good to me, and if we don't beat them at home this time round it'll be their 4th spot again. However, Chelsea.........are they just going through a phase or have the totally screwed it up?

I'm shitting it!

marcspurs said:
Keep thinking this for long enough and you will start believing it.....

1 defeat at home in our last 25 PL games... Wigan in August, the previous one was Wolves in December 2009..... and if you want to look at all comps, it's 2 defeats in 36 games at WHL, the other one was against Arsenal in the CC this season with our 3rd string side.....

1 defeat in our last 16 PL games.... Everton in January, the previous one was Bolton at the beginning of November....

We currently have the best record in the PL away at teams in the top 10.....

We have just won 3 straight games without arguably our most creative players and a couple of our top defenders too.....

VDV, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale, Lennon (rested), Palacios (rested), Hutton, King, Kaboul...

With some of our first team squad out on loan, Naughton, Walker, Bentley, Keane, O'Hara who would all get a game with the majority of PL sides.....

All that and we are not that good..... hmmmmm really......

Says the fan whose team has not won away from home since boxing day, 4 PL games and 2 cup ties (at lower league opposition), has spent a lot of money to have the same number of points as they had at the same stage last season, and has still to visit, Liverpool Bolton, Everton, Chelsea, Blackburn and to play Spurs at home, a team you have only beaten at home 3 times in the PL, not scored against in the last 3 meetings.....

If you had beaten Villa a few weeks ago you would have been 11pts clear and probably safe from us..... a few weeks later and if we beat Blackpool next week we will be 3rd....

Bale, Modric, VDV, Kaboul, King all to return sooner rather than later and just 1 PL game (Blackpool away) to be played between now and March 6th.....
You are one of the most tedious people I've ever had the misfortune to encounter on the internet. You certainly seem to have loads of time to go on and on and on and on and on about how maligned and under-appreciated your piddly club is. Why don't we just stop the season now and just hand you the PL trophy and the CL trophy? Hell, why not throw in the FA cup as well since obviously you're going to win that as well despite being eliminated since your team is Just That Damn Awesome.

Only question I have is how you find the time to bore us to death instead of wanking yourself silly over how awesome you are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.