Last time we bought standing away tickets ?

Me personally was Rotherham at Millmoor under Keegan 2002 ?
Or possibly Gillingham same season
Went to both these.Gillingham def stood on the terrace,i witnessed a superb display by City..and in particular. The legendary back-heeled volley reverse pass by Ali The Magician to Goater who volleyed it home with deadly accuracy.
We had already won promotion as champions ,scoring a hatful of goals, breaking records left ,right and centre ( but we have no history).and after the match,as we made our way off the terrace,rumours were flying round that Keegan had signed David Seaman....

Doncaster away in the league cup, probably around 2006 ish. At their old belle vue ground. Lost on pens

If the Withdean was all-seater then I'm pretty sure it will be Chesterfield in the League Cup, September 2006. I was lucky (possibly) in that I managed to get one of the few hundred seats we were offered.
I got a seat too..but arrived a few mins after k.o to find that it appeared to be unallocated seats,1st come 1st served...they were full.sat on the steps for a bit then ,on seeing mates to my right on the open terrace,managed to get a transfer into the standing area.
Not much else went right for me that night...

It was all seater. I live in Hove and used to go. Away fans sat well back.was a shit night.lost on pens.first time ever been able to walk to match and back to see city.. I had 10 tickets in home end courtesy of Carling who I did business with! Took lots of local mates who took the piss! Bastards

The European aways mentioned on here were officially all-seater games, even though the seats were no more than bits of moulded plastic bolted on the terracing.

I missed the Chesterfield and Donny Rovers defeats so I think the last time I bought a standing ticket for a competitive game was Bristol Rovers away at the Memorial Ground towards the end of the 3rd tier season, fucking hell that's nearly 20 years ago!

For me it was Reading away in 98, just had to check as I had thought it was during the div 3 season but they had moved to the Madjeski by then. As it happens it was their last game at Elm Park under floodlights, was a shit night, lost 3-0 and I'm sure it pissed down on the open end. The win took them 6 points clear of the bottom 3, this being the end of February, but they still came down with us, disastrous start for them at their new gaff following relegation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.