Last time we bought standing away tickets ?

Just checked my ticket and it states Seat 2639....was convinced it was standing, obviously not!

Apologies @chaddblue

Easy mistake... I think most of us had spent all afternoon on strong Belgian Beer

The thing I remember most was City fans getting in using beer mats as match tickets and then after the game hundreds of blues getting into the train station by climbing up a grass embankment and over the tracks

For me it was Reading away in 98, just had to check as I had thought it was during the div 3 season but they had moved to the Madjeski by then. As it happens it was their last game at Elm Park under floodlights, was a shit night, lost 3-0 and I'm sure it pissed down on the open end. The win took them 6 points clear of the bottom 3, this being the end of February, but they still came down with us, disastrous start for them at their new gaff following relegation.
don't remember it raining that night at Elm Park but it certainly was a shite performance.

Easy mistake... I think most of us had spent all afternoon on strong Belgian Beer

The thing I remember most was City fans getting in using beer mats as match tickets and then after the game hundreds of blues getting into the train station by climbing up a grass embankment and over the tracks
Good job we weren’t discussing this in the pub as I’d have gone all in on standing! That’s a 24 hour session for you.

Think it was Schmeical (spelling) forgot about that, you too have a head full of useless info as I do
Yep.a headful of useless info,some of it completely inaccurate...but then i was a lover of Strongbow in the 80/90s...and that stuff clouds the memory somwhat..
In my defence..; )

Pretty sure Withdean was an all seater.
I’m working in Brighton on the railway and was next to the Withdean the other day. How the hell they coped playing there I do not know. There is one stand and just a running track. They obviously had temporary stands but it must have been a logistical nightmare.
Standing games I can recall was Oxford (manor ground), Colchester and York back in the dark days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.