Last time we played Chelsea at wembley 23rd march 1986

I went to both too,the derby the day before, when albiston scored that unbelievable curling goal past his own keeper.

next day getting up early to go to wemberly,i remember we came off near Watford and went in a pub,jammed full of blues.

I nearly got arrested inside on the terraces for arguing with a copper,(pissed by then ) , I vaguely remember Chelsea fans charging and trying to get into our end near the half way line,only to be met with our nutters running into them.

and after the game seeing city charge into them and bedlam

jesus,nearly 30 years ago now !

completely forgotten about this game; I was there. went down in a minibus driven by a mates dad. we saw some coaches with windows broken but think we escaped unscathed

Lrrr said:
Did any buses actually escape without getting a window broken? We were stood in the queue for the tube after the match and there were groups of Chelsea bricking almost every City bus that came by. Seem to remember the junior blues coach getting attacked as well.
As to the match, another 5 minutes we would have definately got an equaliser imo
there was a lot of violence at the game from what I remember,there was a lot of violence at the derby the day before,before the game at the Whalley hotel,Whalley Range,during the game up in the K stand where a few of were sat,after the game all over town even on the midnight train down to Euston it kicked off with the cockney reds on there way back home,if I remember rightly one of the cockneys took a bad kicking and ended up getting slung off at Stafford! thank god all that nonsense is over with! very eventfull weekend as a 16 yr old urchin that I was.

there is youtube footage of the game if anyone fancies putting it on as i'm abit thick and can't do it,after watching some of the goals it makes me wondere if there was some kind of Hans Segar/Bruce Grobbelar type betting going on

I went to this on the coach from station road, northwich with my dad - I was 9 and I've still got the flag he got me outside. In the standing section but sat on one of the crush barriers half way up behind the goal. Kicking off everywhere before during and after as I recall. Loads of stuff thrown at the windows as we left London but windows didn't break!

Kinsey put us one up early on, then we fell apart only to rally near the end. Staying behind with most of the other blues singing 'we'll support you evermore' after the final whistle.

We left the ground thinking speedie and lillis had created a record by both scoring hat tricks only for one of our goals to be given as an OG a day or so later

Can I be really sad and say I was at every game in that cup run including away games at Sheffield united and Hull. Incredibly Swales was following our car from the motorway assuming we knew where we were going but we got lost. We pulled up and he waited behind us as we got directions from a local who assumed we were talking about the rugby ground.
We started with a 6-1 thumping of Leeds in front of 4,000 and beat Hull in the two legged semi. The day before I was at the swamp to see Albiston grab our equaliser and then travelled on the over night National Express because it was the cheapest option.
Great days!<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:58 pm --<br /><br />
ccr said:
Was Hackett (spelling ) the ref for that game ?. Positive we should have had a stonewall pen in the last few mins.
Bitter ? Me ?

and why am I up at this time of the morning ?

100% right. He turned it down and it was as clear a pen as you'd ever see.

I was there, seem to recall that we turned up and paid on the day. If there was the normal injury time, like we have now, we would definately have won! Chelsea were out on their feet & we should have had a penalty, robbed again!!

We were parked to the west (Chelsea end that day), up past Wembley central station & as we were picking our way through the Chelsea fans,my father decided to jump on and run along a low wall unfortuntely he tipped and Dell Boy style went over the wall & disappeared much to the amusement of hundreds of Chelsea fans, I didn't know wether to laugh, pick hm up or just keep going. Still makes me smile when I picture him going over that wall!

He was ok by the way!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.