Latest on Villa

avoidconfusion said:
And do you really think that a player who only joins our club because Valencia sold him to us despite him not wanting to leave and certainly not wanting to leave for us, would roll up his sleeves and be giving everything he got?

Well according to the report, which you obviously have to belive either in full or not at all, he is actually interested in coming to us.

If we did pay £120mil I can't imagine how much stick he'd get if he didn't score a hattrick within 3 minutes of starting his first game!

PaulC1979 said:
avoidconfusion said:
And do you really think that a player who only joins our club because Valencia sold him to us despite him not wanting to leave and certainly not wanting to leave for us, would roll up his sleeves and be giving everything he got?

Well according to the report, which you obviously have to belive either in full or not at all, he is actually interested in coming to us.

If we did pay £120mil I can't imagine how much stick he'd get if he didn't score a hattrick within 3 minutes of starting his first game!
spot on £120 mill is a big burdon to carry

bluemoondays said:
This was posted yesterday evening on Citymancs from some Everton fan who claims his cousin is on the Valencia coaching staff. I accept no ressponsibility for the poster or content as I don't want to join the ban list :p

I'm glad you had chuckle fella, good cure for a hangover. You have presumed correct the team i support. Not quite sure how you know i have a Spanish sounding name, but again you're not wrong.
However that's where it ends sorry. My cousin lives in Spain well in Moncofa to be exact. Street? Av De Mare Nostrum. Won't tell you his house number though. Smiley
I'm not goat in disguise either, sorry to disappoint you.
Anyway, just to let you know the deal is DONE!!! David Villa HAS AGREED TERMS! He will sign for you on the Second week of January. Valencia wanted it to go through later in the month, to appease their fans. The fee was 30m plus add ons. I Know it will cost you another 4m if you qualify for the champs league within 2 years.
I appreciate that many of you will not believe me, but remember where you heard it first.
And just because i don't support your team, doesn't mean I'm not excited about having some of greatest players in the world coming to play in the prem, whoever they sign for.

WUM or real? I'm not holding my breath ;-)
time will tell but seems sincere... not trying to much

gman07 said:
bluemoondays said:
This was posted yesterday evening on Citymancs from some Everton fan who claims his cousin is on the Valencia coaching staff. I accept no ressponsibility for the poster or content as I don't want to join the ban list :p

I'm glad you had chuckle fella, good cure for a hangover. You have presumed correct the team i support. Not quite sure how you know i have a Spanish sounding name, but again you're not wrong.
However that's where it ends sorry. My cousin lives in Spain well in Moncofa to be exact. Street? Av De Mare Nostrum. Won't tell you his house number though. Smiley
I'm not goat in disguise either, sorry to disappoint you.
Anyway, just to let you know the deal is DONE!!! David Villa HAS AGREED TERMS! He will sign for you on the Second week of January. Valencia wanted it to go through later in the month, to appease their fans. The fee was 30m plus add ons. I Know it will cost you another 4m if you qualify for the champs league within 2 years.
I appreciate that many of you will not believe me, but remember where you heard it first.
And just because i don't support your team, doesn't mean I'm not excited about having some of greatest players in the world coming to play in the prem, whoever they sign for.

WUM or real? I'm not holding my breath ;-)
time will tell but seems sincere... not trying to much

It may be pages back in this thread, also I think from Citymancs, same poster I think, who said his cousin was at Valencia and the deal was very well advanced.

PaulC1979 said:
avoidconfusion said:

That would be my other concern... can you imagine that abuse he and we would get if he wouldn't score at least 30 goals a season?

Yet again, some random bloke has come on here and stated that a deal is about to be or is done and an internet message board is the first to hear about it.

If I knew that a deal was done and no one else did I'd be straight down the bookies with a hefty wedge in my arse pocket.

Also, if some random bloke knows about this, how come the media haven't latched onto this. I mean, SSN reported our interest in Ronaldinho and there actually WAS substance to that in the end. And I'm not talking about the rumour column.

The fee should stay "undisclosed" to stop other teams taking the piss and keep people guessing how much we paid for him

Thing with the post on the citymanc forum it states a transfer fee of £30 million plus add ons which could well be a sensible figure but also state in that post was the time of arrival thing with him coming in the second week of Jan but Valencia want to leave it later to appease their fans.

In all the articles there are no quotes about the 120 million price tag and even if this had been leaked from Valencia it could well be a technique to keep the fans happy at valencia.

Only time will tell on this one not that long till the window opens

slicky202 said:
mite aswell pay what they askin he certinly aint gorna come 4 the high standard of football we are playin so mite aswell just chuck money at the guy see iff that works

There maybe other things that will make him come............. if some of the wild rumors are true he may want to play in a team with the likes of Buffon, Kaka, Eto'o etc

roll on january I want to know what the first 3-4 days bring as this will set the tone for the type of players we are after either world class or very good ones.

either way it should improve the squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.