Le Tour

I think the narrative that this likely outcome is due to Jonas’ crash does Pog an immense disservice; that he’s only amassing this lead for that reason.

They might well both be “at it” but what I love about Pog, and Remco, and all the others except JV to be fair, is their willingness to race through the season, one day and stage races, all types of terrain.
Vingegard reminds me of certain other riders in the past who would do very little all year except the tour.

I’d love to see next year both Pog and Ving fully fit going head to head right across Le Tour. I think barring accidents and illness this year is over.
Agree.
Remco with experience and confidence from this year, will also have a say next year.
Would love to see Ayoso compete with them aswell next year, instead of being Pogacars luxury domestique.

Agree.
Remco with experience and confidence from this year, will also have a say next year.
Would love to see Ayoso compete with them aswell next year, instead of being Pogacars luxury domestique.
Do you think Ayoso might get leadership duties for a crack at the Vuelta?

Pog could quite easily become the 2nd greatest cyclist ever. Nobody will ever get within an earthly of Merckx but toppling Hinault is doable even if Pog is still dozens of Grand Tours and Monuments away - his current trajectory shows he could do it.

If he wins this Tour then the treble (Giro Tour World Champion) is on and that’s only ever been done twice before (Merckx and Roche). He’s inhabiting the most rarified of cycling air. I love him.

Agree.
Remco: top class rider. Light years from challenging Pog

Pog could quite easily become the 2nd greatest cyclist ever. Nobody will ever get within an earthly of Merckx but toppling Hinault is doable even if Pog is still dozens of Grand Tours and Monuments away - his current trajectory shows he could do it.

If he wins this Tour then the treble (Giro Tour World Champion) is on and that’s only ever been done twice before (Merckx and Roche). He’s inhabiting the most rarified of cycling air. I love him.
He’s actually a likeable person too. Lots of champions have an arrogance and a ‘don’t get in my face’ type of attitude but Pogacar seems the opposite. Hope he goes for the Vuelta and wins an unprecedented 3 grand tours in one season.
Another dream is for Cav to go for one final win today in his last ever attempt.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.