Le Tour

L’Équipe has seven articles dedicated to Cav this morning.
The BBC have a mention on the main BBC page and it clicks to the cycling page where the 2024 BBC SPotY had three piccies of earlier rides. Unfortunately one of them was the third one. I would have preferred the second one and we could have had Cav givin' 'em the Agincourt salute!

Do any of you know the name, Raymond Poulidor? L'éternel deuxième, because he came second in Le Tour three times, and third five times.

I did a French exchange in 1977, and my correspondent's dad did his national service with Poulidor in Algeria.

I don't know if it will be recognised as the achievement it is until after the tour but those who know know.
I'm in awe of his feat. 39yrs old, remarkable after his last few years.
Yeah, me too.

I haven’t heard it mentioned over the last 18 hours, but Cav was elbowed out of Le Tour in 2017 by Peter Sagan, so who knows how many stage victories he could have won, if it wasn’t for all those injuries.

Yeah, me too.

I haven’t heard it mentioned over the last 18 hours, but Cav was elbowed out of Le Tour in 2017 by Peter Sagan, so who knows how many stage victories he could have won, if it wasn’t for all those injuries.
That's all I could think of,the missed opportunities and last year when he thought maybe it was his last.
I hope he finds some satisfaction in his record personally.

That's all I could think of,the missed opportunities and last year when he thought maybe it was his last.
I hope he finds some satisfaction in his record personally.
After his reaction yesterday, I think he will.

It was clear to see how much it meant to him, and from the way he was congratulated by his teammates and rivals, it was obvious that they all knew the significance of what he’d achieved.

Is it just me ? The guy in the mountains jersey has an odd cycling action ? Looks like he could do with lowering his seat a tad
Am interested to know if there are strict rules on the dimensions or weight for the bikes used ?
Does the seat, for example, have to be a maximum height ?
Anyone remember when the UK Olympics cycling team were based in Fallowfield ?
Used to regularly see these estate cars with the Logos driving around. Think they lived above the shit Wetherspoons (Grand Central, pub) ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.