Leadership

So was I and I thought we could have no complaints about losing, just as with the Townsend goal a weak clearing header set up the chance for a great strike, that has nothing to do with luck, a better header in each case and the goal isn't scored. Despite having little more than half as much possession Leicester had more shots on target (5-4), our build-up was too laboured most of the time.
Difference was LCFC were breaking into space whereas we were faced by a wall of 10 men. Usually we overcome this.

We are very very good at tiring a team out, or blowing a team away. However, when the chips are down and we go behind, we go to pot, our heads go, and as Fabian was blasted for saying during the AoN doco, we forget the basics, our workrate and heads drop, and we can't handle it.

A massive dose of bollocks needed, very very few seem to have it in our squad.
Along with that Liverpool now have a leader in VVD who has earned his right to be the big mouth on the pitch who is respected for them. Not through his shouting but consistent performances and the odd goal. He is certainly their Vinny now. With that i think who in our rivals has had a leader to gee them up in our last title win, i would say none.

It is very possible that character stuff was simply absent across the board hence why we did not need characterful players as much (Otta and Vinny excepted) who will pick the rest up and bully the oppo when the rest are half asleep. The margins were simply never that fine where a rousing speach of your captain could tip the balance in your favour in a tight race.
We have had Vinny come in for the last 3rd of a season and give us great confidence and belief. We need that again but right now.

The extra belief having a strong leader may give them could be enough to see them over the line if we do not pull our socks up and show some belief ourselves.

I'm not sure leadership has that much to do with it. Last season was the first time the team did not go through a slump. What's happening now is what has happened every season since and including the first PL title win. We had our 'leaders' but they didn't stop us having an annual bad run.

Vinny and Dinho,what a difference the on pitch mentality is.
More significant was the ref's decision not to give a penalty on Zin. I don't think it was a pen but seen those given and then suddenly we were 3-1 up. It's those moments going our way in a football match that were more important.

I'm not sure leadership has that much to do with it. Last season was the first time the team did not go through a slump. What's happening now is what has happened every season since and including the first PL title win. We had our 'leaders' but they didn't stop us having an annual bad run.

We had no pressure on us last season. We struggle more when we have pressure around us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.