League Cup draw, Sheff Wed home

Didsbury Dave said:
boxing day 79 said:
Tbilisi said:
Not with all those alley ways in the middle of Moss Side you dont.

Remember a lad from Outibridge having his eye taken out with a bike chain in 79....not a good time to be a City fan in Sheffield.

Ps Like your name.....was at that game.
yeah allways a bit dodgy maine rd back in the day but used to love goin there,only been to etihad just the once and was a bit dissapointed tbh ,hopefully with the cheap tickets there shud be a gud atmos this time, we will be doin our bit lets hope you guys get it goin!

If you're expecting some big match atmosphere forget it, and dust down your lower-division "just like a library" songs.

This is the smallest game of our entire season, and we will play our reserves. We won't fill the stadium or raise the roof. We will save that for bigger days ahead - no disrespect to Wednesday.
Always dead when the South Stand has to move. It would be a cracking atmosphere otherwise as the travelling support in the Premiership are now so small....on average about a thousand. I wonder if the Wednesday fans realise what's happened to ticket prices in the Premiership? Liverpool fans paid £57 and Stoke £45 to see their teams at City.

So if Wednesday get back, that's what you can expect to pay

Jeez

I got face on at £33 for Bolton Saturday and being just over £30 at Brighton & Middlesborough its getting plain daft as Saturday is another £45 just on tickets for me & 12year old.

Might have to pick & Choose away days if we ever get back to Prem.

That said I'm hoping to get tickets for this as son lives in Audenshaw surrounded by City fans so the banter as already started with them at his School.

Is it right that if not a member we cant just buy tickets in the home end, Would i need one of his mates to get them for us if we miss out on away end?

Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:
boxing day 79 said:
yeah allways a bit dodgy maine rd back in the day but used to love goin there,only been to etihad just the once and was a bit dissapointed tbh ,hopefully with the cheap tickets there shud be a gud atmos this time, we will be doin our bit lets hope you guys get it goin!

If you're expecting some big match atmosphere forget it, and dust down your lower-division "just like a library" songs.

This is the smallest game of our entire season, and we will play our reserves. We won't fill the stadium or raise the roof. We will save that for bigger days ahead - no disrespect to Wednesday.
Always dead when the South Stand has to move. It would be a cracking atmosphere otherwise as the travelling support in the Premiership are now so small....on average about a thousand. I wonder if the Wednesday fans realise what's happened to ticket prices in the Premiership? Liverpool fans paid £57 and Stoke £45 to see their teams at City.

To be fair, we pay 30 quid to go away to places like middlesborough and watch 2nd tier football, I think an extra 15 quid to see the likes of toure and aguero wouldn't hurt too much

coopswfc76 said:
Jeez

I got face on at £33 for Bolton Saturday and being just over £30 at Brighton & Middlesborough its getting plain daft as Saturday is another £45 just on tickets for me & 12year old.

That said I'm hoping to get tickets for this as son lives in Audenshaw surrounded by City fans so the banter as already started with them at his School.

Is it right that if not a member we cant just buy tickets in the home end, Would i need one of his mates to get them for us if we miss out on away end?

I'm adding Sheffield to the list of weird places who write in their own accents. Scousers, Geordies and Scottish do it too.

"I got face on at £33 for me and lad". A weirdly parochial thing to do.

davidhirst said:
Marvin said:
Didsbury Dave said:

To be fair, we pay 30 quid to go away to places like middlesborough and watch 2nd tier football, I think an extra 15 quid to see the likes of toure and aguero wouldn't hurt too much
When you say that I suppose relatively speaking there is an argument for charging more, but there comes a point where you just can't afford it. Season tickets are affordable - £600 behind the goal at City. Last season some clubs started subsidising away fans tickets because away fan numbers have dropped off a lot and that is almost certainly down to match-day prices. Clubs like Sunderland and Newcastle used to bring hordes to City - not any more.

Didsbury Dave said:
Man United pull a lot of people from towns with no real football identity. Milton Keynes, Worksop, Yeovil etc. when you get to places like Sheffield, Leeds and burnley there are very few. There's bound to be the obligatory half-interested shirt wearing kids these days I suppose but in the main there is a lot less glory hunting in places like Sheffield. Football heritage is in their blood, not a lifestyle choice.

hell of a lot of uniteds support comes from south yorkshire, especially around barnsley and that.

coopswfc76 said:
Jeez

Yes but I think they might have to be a Season or Bluecard member,I know I could get 5 on mine which I did this morning as on open sale.

Anyone having trouble with online booking this year ticket wise?

I tried to buy two today but everytime I put 1 against each name it reverted to 0 straight away and I couldn't buy.

2nd time this has happened recently.

Ended up paying £2.50 per ticket booking fee by phone.

Any ideas on how to solve?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Anyone having trouble with online booking this year ticket wise?

I tried to buy two today but everytime I put 1 against each name it reverted to 0 straight away and I couldn't buy.

2nd time this has happened recently.

Ended up paying £2.50 per ticket booking fee by phone.

Any ideas on how to solve?

I had problems getting my lads ticket with me as im on the Cup Scheme & hes under 16.
I rang the booking line and they tried to charge me £2.50 so asked for Supporter Services who did it at no charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.