League Cup Final - Post Match Thread

Tom_mcfc. If that was a foul by Aguero, then why wasn't it a foul on Stones in the match at Liverpool, which was more of a push on John Stones, then Aguero's on Mustafi, sorry Tom but you can't have it both ways. Either they both were fouls or they both weren't, and as the ref's didn't give anything therefore they are both goals.

The only thing that was wrong in the final is that the stadium announcer did say that if VAR was to be used they would announce it. It was only when I got home on Tuesday that I found out that VAR was used for Vinny's goal, because Sane was in an offside position but the goal was allowed to stand, as Ospina was diving to where Gundogan's shot was going to his right, but Vinny toe poked it into the centre of the goal. However the announcer made no statement about it going to those in charge of VAR system were reviewing Vinny's goal to see if it should stand or be ruled out for Sane was standing in an offside postition.

I don't want it both ways, I said at the time Stones was fouled. You can't barge someone in the back then claim the defender is weak or out of position a foul is regardless of the situation. I didn't want to get into a row over if anyone thinks its a foul or not, what gobsmacked me was biased blues who claimed Aguero was fouled.

Apparently looking to see where the other player is has been made a foul now.

Spatial awareness is the original sin.

Not saying looking at him was the foul. When someone elbows someone what's the first thing mentioned? Intent and if they was looking at the player. If they aren't looking they claim it's innocent. Aguero looking at Mustafi and making no aerial attempt to play the ball is why I think it was a foul. Others think different which is fine but see my post above, my initial post was because strange people claimed Aguero was fouled.

Sergio has played against the likes of Bogbrush. He has to be aware of the ball and the opposing player to save a trip to the f+cking dentist.

One minor footnote- Sunday was the first time in 40 years that we had won a trophy without a major contribution from Yaya

Carabao are actually paing the EFL thirty times the prize fund not five. It's an £18m three year deal with total prize funding over three years of 600K so the EFL wil be pocketing £17.4m. To be honest, the prem teams get enough of the cake already so I've no problem with £17m going to the 72 lower league teams.
plus we gain in extra match day revenue,

Stones one was different in that Stones was facing the ball not running backwards, and therefore had more right to claim protection from a challenge he couldnt see,and the contact was harder and in his back
Mustafi was running backwards,so not even looking where he was going and therefore the ref was not obliged to assist him if he bangs into someone
Aguero was perfectly placed to receive the long ball ,was he supposed to get out of the defenders way,no of course not

I don't want it both ways, I said at the time Stones was fouled. You can't barge someone in the back then claim the defender is weak or out of position a foul is regardless of the situation. I didn't want to get into a row over if anyone thinks its a foul or not, what gobsmacked me was biased blues who claimed Aguero was fouled.

Not saying looking at him was the foul. When someone elbows someone what's the first thing mentioned? Intent and if they was looking at the player. If they aren't looking they claim it's innocent. Aguero looking at Mustafi and making no aerial attempt to play the ball is why I think it was a foul. Others think different which is fine but see my post above, my initial post was because strange people claimed Aguero was fouled.
Both stones and Aguero ones were fouls imo. Matters not, we would’ve still won that game anyway.

Just watching the spurs game reminded me that var took the edge off two our goals. I watched the ref by his finger to his ear and wondered whether the goals would be allowed. The system has the potential to undermine the explosive joy of the most important moments of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.