League Cup Final Post - Match Thread

Yep, some jumped up little shit grabbed it off my shoulder and said it's not allowed. I said how we've brought it 12 times now, and that includes the shield in August which was this season so why would it not be allowed now. He had no answer but grabbed it off me and held it against that crappy drawing of a rectangle that had up to show me it was too big. I turned it sideways to show actually it fits. He did not like that, told me you're not allowed to change it's shape ffs! Of course any small backpack is not goinmg to fit in a rectangle that is sideways not tallways. Anyway, mum was getting upset (as it had her stuff in anyway) so i walked back to the room at record speed to drop it off, took me an hour, but still made it back with an hour to go. Then they wouldn't let a carrier bag in!!!!! So mum stuffed it all in her pockets. It was the attitude of the jumped up little hitler against 2 women i mean it's not as if we're big scary blokes! I wouldn't mind but this was all away from the turnstiles at the new cordon they set up, so how they could justify stopping food and drink that would be eaten between the wembley way ramp and the turnstile. Money money money in the "name" of security.

But other than that, a great result ;)

My bag got refused too. I couldn’t believe it. I had to sprint back to the hotel to drop it off. Missed the first 10 minutes of the game.

Hope these pricks had a lovely Sunday

raheem-sterling-01-gq-10dec18_shutterstock_b.jpg

Yep, some jumped up little shit grabbed it off my shoulder and said it's not allowed. I said how we've brought it 12 times now, and that includes the shield in August which was this season so why would it not be allowed now. He had no answer but grabbed it off me and held it against that crappy drawing of a rectangle that had up to show me it was too big. I turned it sideways to show actually it fits. He did not like that, told me you're not allowed to change it's shape ffs! Of course any small backpack is not goinmg to fit in a rectangle that is sideways not tallways. Anyway, mum was getting upset (as it had her stuff in anyway) so i walked back to the room at record speed to drop it off, took me an hour, but still made it back with an hour to go. Then they wouldn't let a carrier bag in!!!!! So mum stuffed it all in her pockets. It was the attitude of the jumped up little hitler against 2 women i mean it's not as if we're big scary blokes! I wouldn't mind but this was all away from the turnstiles at the new cordon they set up, so how they could justify stopping food and drink that would be eaten between the wembley way ramp and the turnstile. Money money money in the "name" of security.

But other than that, a great result ;)
We had a rucksack with jumpers, jackets and a bit of food in. My dad had also put his small canvas drawstring bag inside it which he brought to keep a programme safe for his father in law. They told us on Wembley way that the rucksack wouldn't be allowed. So we put all the clothes on, put the food in our pockets and folded the rucksack in half so it fit inside the drawstring bag. Stewards at the turnstile didn't seem to know what to say when they saw it. We got it in though and then repacked it all as before. Jobsworths.

And how much of the match did you miss squeezing it out? Perfectly good sinks at Wembley for that sort of business.
My arse barely touched the seat. It was just a quick opportunist dumo as I’ve got a bit of a bug. I really wouldn’t want to have a shit in a Wembley toilet.

We had a rucksack with jumpers, jackets and a bit of food in. My dad had also put his small canvas drawstring bag inside it which he brought to keep a programme safe for his father in law. They told us on Wembley way that the rucksack wouldn't be allowed. So we put all the clothes on, put the food in our pockets and folded the rucksack in half so it fit inside the drawstring bag. Stewards at the turnstile didn't seem to know what to say when they saw it. We got it in though and then repacked it all as before. Jobsworths.
Daughter had a supermarket plastic bag with some food and a bottle of water. Cordon at the bottom of the ramp said it’s too big to take in and he showed me that crappy rectangle. I folded the bag in half and said it fitted and just walked past him. Just before I folded my bag up some guy was trying to stop a lady taking her hand bag in because whilst the actual bag fitted in the rectangle the handles didn’t! She folded them down and basically told the guy she was taking it in. Then inside the ground some guy said we had to remove the lid from the bottle of water! Have these people nothing else to do? Worried more about a bottle top than actually searching people correctly

I've been fortunate, having been to every Wembley Final with City since the Leicester game in 1969. That year I had to get a ticket off a tout because as you say the allocation for fans was piss poor. I only had £7 in my bank account and it cost me £6 for what I think was a 15 shillings ticket (75p in today's money !!). I recall I was only earning about £8 week at the time.
Every year since I've been able to qualify for a ticket from the Club.

What I like about the LC Final is that almost all regular fans of both finalists get to go to it if they want. That's the way it should be.

It seems nowadays that the Champions League Final is back to what the FAC Final used to be like - tickets going out all over the place to celebrities etc but not that many going to proper fans (Boooooooo !!).
I had gone to every Round Home and Away in 1969 .As a skint student I couldn't afford to buy a Cup Final ticket. I wrote a Letter to GOAL magazine & it was published but still no ticket -twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.