League Cup - Semi Final - Burton Home first

As my username suggests I currently live in Burton. I watch them regularly as I am affiliated to them through work.
They are a very tight knit very well run little club and have been punching well above their weight for over 10 yrs.

They will not kick our players off the park as that is not their way of playing or in the manager’s DNA.

They deserve respect for getting where they have and need taking seriously as on their day they can prove difficult to break down.
Over two legs it should be comfortable as long as we don’t assume they can be beaten by a load of our youngsters. They are no pushover and this is a complete free hit for them.
Please let’s not get all raggy and denigrate them as some posters are suggesting.

City fans will get a very warm welcome and be able to enjoy some of the finest pubs and ales in the country. It will be a great day out for all. Cannot wait.

Agree with this though we obviously need to play some kids as opposed to a load. As was shown at times against Bristol C and Wigan last year, these teams could easily play the game of their lives. Yes, we have better quality but our players need to be up for it. A couple of hungry younger players should work in our favour. Plus if we really want these kids to develop, experience pressure games etc, this is a gift wrapped opportunity with a second leg acting as a safety net.

As my username suggests I currently live in Burton. I watch them regularly as I am affiliated to them through work.
They are a very tight knit very well run little club and have been punching well above their weight for over 10 yrs.

They will not kick our players off the park as that is not their way of playing or in the manager’s DNA.

They deserve respect for getting where they have and need taking seriously as on their day they can prove difficult to break down.
Over two legs it should be comfortable as long as we don’t assume they can be beaten by a load of our youngsters. They are no pushover and this is a complete free hit for them.
Please let’s not get all raggy and denigrate them as some posters are suggesting.

City fans will get a very warm welcome and be able to enjoy some of the finest pubs and ales in the country. It will be a great day out for all. Cannot wait.

I can vividly recall attending Cup defeats at Halifax, Shrewsbury and Blackpool so I wont be taking them lightly as im sure most Blues wont.

They are a fine example of how to run a small club well.

This is one tie we need to put away in the first leg, because 1 goal in it (hopefully us ahead!) going to their place will turn the momentum in one direction, and I don’t care how good their pitch is, it isn’t going to be the kind of ground we will be able to play our top game.

If we are not AT LEAST 2 goals ahead after the first leg, it will all be to play for in Burton...and that’s not good for us, especially with all the games to play during this time period!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.