LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

Great support from makems over the weekend , but can we put things into perspective , its our 6th wembley appearance in 4 years , (and likely we will have 2 more this season and possibly a charity shield in august) , so i can assure the heroic makems that although we are not dancing in the streets ,we do enjoy a good day out in the smoke , Maybe we didnt "take" covent garden and trafalgar square on saturday night like the makem warriors , but we were there in numbers ,but just a little more reserved , its the quiet confidence of success that does it. Now i hope the loyal sunderland hordes show the same support in their annual relegation struggle and can actually fill their stadium a couple of times this season.

gmckennasell said:
Great support from makems over the weekend , but can we put things into perspective , its our 6th wembley appearance in 4 years , (and likely we will have 2 more this season and possibly a charity shield in august) , so i can assure the heroic makems that although we are not dancing in the streets ,we do enjoy a good day out in the smoke , Maybe we didnt "take" covent garden and trafalgar square on saturday night like the makem warriors , but we were there in numbers ,but just a little more reserved , its the quiet confidence of success that does it. Now i hope the loyal sunderland hordes show the same support in their annual relegation struggle and can actually fill their stadium a couple of times this season.

The support from us (the City fans) was as loud as we have been all season even some Sunderland fans on their forum have said they had never heard anything like the noise we made with the first two goals, like I said previously some of them seem to think because we were not doing a giant conger down Wembley way that somehow the cup meant little to us

jimharri said:
swifty said:
mrmacca said:
I'm not sure I have the permissions to start a thread do I? Mods can I?

Once you have passed 100 posts you are able to start a thread, but there is a pics thread already.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=298249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=298249</a>
I think he's looking for more pics from a fan's perspective.

Bingo, That's what I was more after. Peoples drinking / party pics.

I wish the Mackems luck in their relegation battle but now don't fear them as our bogey team. Cheers Bluemooners.

WEMBLEY76 said:
Still on a high after that result and superb goals,why was Merlin not given offside for Nasris goal,is it just a case of not interfering with play ?

Because:

a/ When Kolarov plays the ball in Silva is onside

b/ The next touch is by a Sunderland player (Brown) so he's onside even if he's sat on the keepers lap

c/ Merlin plays for City not Newcastle

It was a great day out. Really enjoyed this final. Those few minutes when we scored two second half were absolute class. Everyone went mental. Sunderland fans were quality too & it was great to have a final were everyone could mingle without any mither.

gmckennasell said:
to be honest mate, most of us know that, its just the odd internet warrior and odd few who think differently. It was our first chance in 16 years to enjoy it, and we did, a lot, despite the result.
Most understand your roots are not too dissimilar to ours really, and many are wondering how the hell they will finance another trip if we do beat Hull. We don't have a trip to Barcelona and probably 3 more trips to Wembley to worry about.
We also understand you have been there, done it in last few years, we have not won there in 41 years, so I guess we maybe would have reacted a bit differently, cos I know for a fact we wont be doing it again for a long time.
I re-iterate what I have said on here, and our forum, thought you lot were magnificent, and I and everyone I know respect the fact you celebrated in the ground like you did (I have said your first 2 goals was the loudest I have heard opposition supporters) but showed dignity and respect when near our fans. My train back to my car was top notch and me and my mate were the only 2 sunderland fans on the carriage, and I thank you for making a great day.
Hope you win the league, 2nd in FA Cup ;-), and would love you to do over Barca too.

thefullwellstep said:
gmckennasell said:
to be honest mate, most of us know that, its just the odd internet warrior and odd few who think differently. It was our first chance in 16 years to enjoy it, and we did, a lot, despite the result.
Most understand your roots are not too dissimilar to ours really, and many are wondering how the hell they will finance another trip if we do beat Hull. We don't have a trip to Barcelona and probably 3 more trips to Wembley to worry about.
We also understand you have been there, done it in last few years, we have not won there in 41 years, so I guess we maybe would have reacted a bit differently, cos I know for a fact we wont be doing it again for a long time.
I re-iterate what I have said on here, and our forum, thought you lot were magnificent, and I and everyone I know respect the fact you celebrated in the ground like you did (I have said your first 2 goals was the loudest I have heard opposition supporters) but showed dignity and respect when near our fans. My train back to my car was top notch and me and my mate were the only 2 sunderland fans on the carriage, and I thank you for making a great day.
Hope you win the league, 2nd in FA Cup ;-), and would love you to do over Barca too.

fair play , you will always get the tiny minority of knobheads who support our clubs , changing the subject with gus poyet in charge you wont have any problems staying up , top football bloke and nice he didnt whinge after the game (unlike our friend pardew) , , also would there be any chance of a repeat 3-0 win at stamford bridge this season , it would be much appreciated on blue moon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.