LEAGUE CUP WINNERS 2013/2014!! Post Final Thread

manchester blue said:
After reading the replies to spotthemackem's post I think BlueTilDeath sums it up best. Walking back to Wembley Park Sunderland fans were asking why we were not singing. In a mixed group it just feels like you're rubbing it in a bit. didn't do it at Stoke, Wigan didn't do it and we didn't do it at weekend.

If it was United it would have been a different story mind...

I did. As did many others coming out of 546. Sang all the way back to Greyhound with 40/50 others.

Nothing wrong with celebrating in my opinion.

manchester blue said:
After reading the replies to spotthemackem's post I think BlueTilDeath sums it up best. Walking back to Wembley Park Sunderland fans were asking why we were not singing. In a mixed group it just feels like you're rubbing it in a bit. didn't do it at Stoke, Wigan didn't do it and we didn't do it at weekend.

Obviously you were at a section where there was hardly any signing. Where I was we did a lot of singing. Obviously parts in the 1st half Sunderland fans outsang us, but not a sound of them in the 2nd half. Not from where I was anyway. It's a silly discusion anyways. If you sing yourself and with the people close to you it's hard to hear the other side doing their songs. Whatever ... we won and we gained a cup in a great game with 85000 people. Small price? To the ones who were not there probably.<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:13 pm --<br /><br />Fantastic day out. Great trip up to Wem-ber-ley and some nice chats and banter with Sunderland-fans. Shite 1st half quickly to be forgotten by the brilliant Yaya and Nasri strikes. It's never easy at Wembley, so this game won't represent our current form or anything else. It's a final and we won it!!! Eind off !!! And credit to Sunderland and their fans for making it a great day and a good promotion for the League Cup.
3-1, lifting the trophy and singing our harts out at JJ Moon. Can't wait for another Wem-ber-ley visit. It will never bore me.

Let's hope this one willset us onour way to win more. And more. And more and more and more ...

manchester blue said:

Well said we defo did our celebrating in the stadium and if it was th rags or maybe a top team higher up maybe we would have but we showed respect. Also even tho there was a group of us that lat thing we wanted was to end a good day on a bad note as I think many blues thought as well

Still on a high after that result and superb goals,why was Merlin not given offside for Nasris goal,is it just a case of not interfering with play ?

Just watched it again. We had some very iffy moments in that first half. Sunderland should really have gone in 2-0 up even though Borini was offside.

That goal from Yaya is just sublime as was Nasri's. good distribution from Pants, great control by Sergio and a good cross by Kolorov. I said it would be Nasri's final and it was. We need to get him signed up on that contract as soon as possible because with him, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero we are some team even when we don't play particularly well.

Sunderland played very well and won't go down playing like that.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Just watched it again. We had some very iffy moments in that first half. Sunderland should really have gone in 2-0 up even though Borini was offside.

That goal from Yaya is just sublime as was Nasri's. good distribution from Pants, great control by Sergio and a good cross by Kolorov. I said it would be Nasri's final and it was. We need to get him signed up on that contract as soon as possible because with him, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero we are some team even when we don't play particularly well.

Sunderland played very well and won't go down playing like that.

This is what happens when you have top quality players in your ranks and it happend to us enough in our past.Your team can play well,give it their all and the so called favourites can be being outplayed,or having an off day when wham bam and a couple of moments of magic and it is all over.

do you just have to have played in the competition to get a medal? Does Jovetic, Lopes, Richards, etc all get one?

Andouble said:
do you just have to have played in the competition to get a medal? Does Jovetic, Lopes, Richards, etc all get one?
Isn't it just the nominated subs along with the starting XI and selected backroom staff?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
I said it would be Nasri's final and it was. We need to get him signed up on that contract as soon as possible because with him, Kompany, Yaya, Silva and Aguero we are some team even when we don't play particularly well.

Add Zaba and Fernandinho to that list of players.All 'big game' starters.

Are we not having a "Your pictures of the Capital One Cup Weekend" thread Mods or have I missed it ?
unsure.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.