League One Thread - 2021/22 | Sunderland promoted

Another game another draw, should woulda coulda.

Started well and hit the post and had a couple of decent chances in first 10, really should have taken the lead.

Of course we didn't and Gillignham scored on 22 mins, free kick nod down, nice finish.

At that point Steve Evans deployed the dark arts of time wasting, every time they got a throw on the left the right back came over to take it, keeper letting the ball roll past him from the ball boy for a goal kick, players going down injured. You know the sort of thing, wound everybody up, although I quite admire a bit of shithousery :)

Bottom line though it's up to the ref to sort, he didn't additional time at the end of the first half 2 mins :)

For first 20 mins of the second half the technical term was "huffed & puffed" finally equalised on 75 mins, really should have gone on to win the game but we didn't.

As I've said before draws kill you, and we've had 8 so far out of 17 games.

Plymouth, Sunderland, Wigan, Wycombe, Rotherham would have easily won this game today.

In the rest of the division not as many games due to internationals but godd wins for MK Dons, charlton @ Burton & Portsmouth @ Wycombe. Plymouth carry on smashing teams with a 1-4 win at Accrington Stanley, we play them next week and as a Wednesday fan said coming out of the ground "Plymouth have won 4-1 at Accrington, you know next week we will lose 2-0" :)

I managed to get tickets so another new ground for me and quite looking forward to it.

Started well and hit the post and had a couple of decent chances in first 10, really should have taken the lead.

Of course we didn't and Gillignham scored on 22 mins, free kick nod down, nice finish.

At that point Steve Evans deployed the dark arts of time wasting, every time they got a throw on the left the right back came over to take it, keeper letting the ball roll past him from the ball boy for a goal kick, players going down injured. You know the sort of thing, wound everybody up, although I quite admire a bit of shithousery :)

Bottom line though it's up to the ref to sort, he didn't additional time at the end of the first half 2 mins :)

For first 20 mins of the second half the technical term was "huffed & puffed" finally equalised on 75 mins, really should have gone on to win the game but we didn't.

Plymouth, Sunderland, Wigan, Wycombe, Rotherham would have easily won this game today.

In the rest of the division not as many games due to internationals but godd wins for MK Dons, charlton @ Burton & Portsmouth @ Wycombe. Plymouth carry on smashing teams with a 1-4 win at Accrington Stanley, we play them next week and as a Wednesday fan said coming out of the ground "Plymouth have won 4-1 at Accrington, you know next week we will lose 2-0" :)

I managed to get tickets so another new ground for me and quite looking forward to it.
Just cannot kill teams off which is called Bradfordcityitis

A nice 650 mile round-trip.

I hope it’s dry for you.

"Accrington Stanley who are they?" I fully exected us to get turned over.

First ever fixture between the 2 clubs today, Stanley gave us behind the goal and seats down the side so in total we had 2600 out of attendance of 4600

Raced into a 3 nil lead after 22 mins, they pulled a goal back and we should scored straight away to make it 4-1 as Patterson had a 1 on 1 with the keeper and he failed to score.

2nd half we should again have gone 4-1 up and same player put his shot wide, Stanley score and we all know what to expect.

There wasn't a Wednesday fan in the fround that didn't think this would finish 3-3, for once though we managed to ride the game out despite some close calls, and again we had chances to finish it.

Stood on the open terrace got absolutely piss wet through but for once it was worth it.

Was stood next to Dean Windass in the 1st half as his lad Josh plays for us and was finally in his first match day squad of the season.

Rest of division Plymouth suffered their first defeat since the opening day of the season 2-0 @ Charlton, Sunderland left it late with a good 2-0 home win against Ipswich.

Pompey came from 0-1 down to Wimbledon to score in the 89th min with a 2-1 win.

Rotherham had a 3-1 home win against Cambridge and Wycombe beat Bolton 1-0

Cole Stockton is joint top scorer in the division with 12, not bad for a player who is at Morecambe a team who were expected to struggle.

Big week for us with MK Dons & Wycombe at home, both who are above us in the table. If we are serious about getting promoted we need to put a run together.

good goal from Corbeanu today! Looks like he’s settling in?
He's a quality player m8, Wednesday fans were crying out to see him and Moore seemed to hold him back saying he needed to be ready for the transition from U23 to 1st Team football.

For me now he is one of the first names on the team sheet, another goal & assist yesterday long may it continue! :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.