League title or Champions League?

back to back premier leagues for me
followed by FA cup

corruption cup as far as we can get legally
then
league cup under whatever name
then charity shield
retweet vase can wait

The league is so important to the club. Fuck me we are creating our own history. While Liverpool per say are living in there past histories. It kind of does my head in all this Liverpool they have always been the medias darling. Oh how great are Liverpool. For a club with all that history they have yet to win the major thing and when they do we will not hear the end of it. IF they win the premier league.
Playing in a champions league and winning it is 1 thing but I would love to see it going back to just the champions of each league only then you just got the best of each country playing each other. Sadly that aint going to ever happen now as the likes of Man Utd , Real , Liverpool and Chelsea just wont have that happening. Also Liverpool pro media saying there going to win it. I dont even think they will beat Roma. Luck comes and goes. They got bags of luck against us will it continue i am doubtful. Klopp hasnt got them nearer to be contenders compared with Rodgers so that says it all.

Next season I be happy with trying to retain the title maybe FA Cup and going longer in the champions league but with everything it depends on the luck of the draw in the cups. Under Pep were going places. Always hard after a World Cup but hopefully we dont get hit with many injuries.

Just the champions of each league ? How boring that would be. Same matches between Bayern/PSG/Barca/Juventus/City/Shakhtar/Porto/Celtic slugging it out season after season. Give me a Roma vs Barcelona, Liverpool vs City, Real vs Juventus, Tottenham vs Madrid, United vs Sevilla over this any day.

If all British clubs went out at the group stages, how much would the CL be in our media for the knockout stages.
The CL matches are played mid week.
When we won the FA cup in 2011, our achievements were eclipsed by the Rags winning the PL the same day. (I acknowledge that in some eyes the CL is superior to the FA cup)
What other competition has referees by goal nets and do fuck all.

Always the legue,the CL leaves me stone cold

Would you go to the final if you were offered the chance? I know I would.

There’s pressure on our managers to succeed in Europe. It finished Mancini and perhaps even Pellegrini. Maybe Pep one day. He’s now not won it for five seasons as a manager.

That's why we like football. Roma won against Barca fair and square, and they deserve to be there. If only the league winners could play, then we wouldn't have had such a great match. Roma fans were in heaven and it's great for their fans to see their team play against the best in the world. No reason to deny that.
Oh I agree and don’t think it should just be league winners as the level of quality would drop but still think that’s a reason why the league is a better comp to win

Would you go to the final if you were offered the chance? I know I would.

There’s pressure on our managers to succeed in Europe. It finished Mancini and perhaps even Pellegrini. Maybe Pep one day. He’s now not won it for five seasons as a manager.
Seven

2008-09 and 2010-11

In the Bundesliga and Serie A you get a star above your badge for each ten league titles you win, nothing to do with any European comp.

To win a league you play 34-42 games in you league from August to May and you have to finish top of the pile by scoring goals, winning games and accumulating points.

To win the European cup you play 13 sporadic games, none of which you have to win after the group stage because of away goals and penalty shoot-outs.

This year, in one CL semi final there are European giants who are continual trophy winners in their league and in Europe. In the other semi final we have a team who haven’t won their league for 17 years, who are 23 points behind their league leaders and who haven’t won a trophy this decade against a team who hasn’t won their league for 28 years, who are 17 points behind their league leaders and have won one trophy this decade. Liverpool v Roma in the CL semi is like when we’ve seen Stoke v Bolton in 2011 or Cardiff v Barnsley in 2008 in the FA Cup semis.
Bayern Munich have their stars for the number of European cups.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.