Learning the Guitar

Resurrecting this thread as my wife was about to sell her old guitar she doesn't play anymore..for some reason I said keep it and I'll have it as I don't have to study in the evenings anymore. I'm 37 and have never picked one up in my life!
Any good places to start? I'm guessing apps/youtube is the place to go now? Any help appreciated!

It's free and he is good. Don't be put off how hard it is before you can play something well. People give up too quick.

Last edited:
Can't stand Sultan's of swing but that good mate.

Geetars cool with the City........
I quite like the track, but I get that it can grate. Very good backing track for training purposes, scale runs, pentatonics, free forming (lol), etc. I am very limited. Oasis stuff is brilliant for my level, so easy. Roses too, some anyway. I don't practice now, not picked that beautiful axe up for a year. Nuts. Blackstar amp, excellent. Boss multi-effects unit, a bit shit.

OK. Fair enough. Here it is and it's not great playing, I know that.

Well done mate.
I used to play and sing that at gigs.
Can I suggest taking some of that reverb off, as you know Knofler played "dry" without any reverberation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.