Learning the Guitar

The 130 million records he sold? The sell out gigs? His induction into the hall of fame? 26th (I think) greatest ever guitarist?

Do you want me to carry on?

Please, don't ask me stupid questions again.

Just for the record BTW, I'm not a fan of Knopflers music per se, more his technical ability with the instrument given he had absolutely no training.

He is probably THE example of who best proves my argument, that being formal training really isn't necessary for everybody and isn't the 'only way to learn guitar'. It is also a great example that you can become one of the best guitarists using this format.

My point is that in music the best ever is down to opinion so telling people "not to dare suggest otherwise" is ludicrous.

Mccartney has sold more records than Knopfler, does that make him a better guitar player?

Playing the guitar is all about taste, some might like the technical skill of classical picking or some might like the 80s heavy rock solos.

If you don't want stupid questions then in laymen's terms... don't chat shit.

My point is that in music the best ever is down to opinion so telling people "not to dare suggest otherwise" is ludicrous.

Mccartney has sold more records than Knopfler, does that make him a better guitar player?

Playing the guitar is all about taste, some might like the technical skill of classical picking or some might like the 80s heavy rock solos.

If you don't want stupid questions then in laymen's terms... don't chat shit.

I've decided that you really are fucking stupid.

How can one man be so dumb?

Good work.

I've decided that you really are fucking stupid.

How can one man be so dumb?

Good work.

A great addition to the debate.

If you would have just held your hands up and said "yeh, good point, my post was slightly naive" you might not have ended up looking such a tit.

A great addition to the debate.

If you would have just held your hands up and said "yeh, good point, my post was slightly naive" you might not have ended up looking such a tit.

Nothing about the point was naive, you asked a stupid question of which was answered. You didn't like the answer.

I've told you, don't do that to me again.

Now I'm going to tell you to stop debating me because frankly, I don't have the time for this level of stupidity in my daily workflow.

I shall bid you farewell.

Nothing about the point was naive, you asked a stupid question of which was answered. You didn't like the answer.

I've told you, don't do that to me again.

Now I'm going to tell you to stop debating me because frankly, I don't have the time for this level of stupidity in my daily workflow.

I shall bid you farewell.

Ohhhh I see now, its the highly original "I'm talking shite so I'll just go for insults and hopefully that distracts from my previous spouting of drivel"

Good effort but unfortunately on this occasion its a C-. Must try harder in future.

Jaysus lads.
This is a music thread. Chill out for Christ's sake.

I thought I'd strayed into the Politics Forum. That's Brexit level abuse.

Pick up your guitar and strum out the frustration.

Jaysus lads.
This is a music thread. Chill out for Christ's sake.

I thought I'd strayed into the Politics Forum. That's Brexit level abuse.

Pick up your guitar and strum out the frustration.

Careful mate, Mr Proy might take offence at your advice and advise you "not to dare say that again"

The only advice I’d give is enjoyment throughout is key as improvement comes with practice. I played the piano for a few years before guitar and went through doing the grades, but I never really enjoyed it. That music knowledge helped me learn the basics a lot quicker though, but the main difference is I play the guitar more because I play music I love to listen to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.