Least hated rag of all time.

idahoblues said:
I only see three mentions of `sparky'.... do people believe he was really a `rag' the whole time? Must confess it sometimes crossed my mind , whilst he might not like bacon face, he'll always be remembered as `sparky...Rag' I admire him and think he genuinely tried for success but I think he always saw RED

Chelsea match goer in his youth.... Wouldn't think he was anything more than a former rag player....

Cant believe so many are mentioning Scholes. This is the Dirty Rag who gets away with more late tackles than any player in History. Always gets let off for his first foul and he also turned his back on his country.

Couple of years ago, we went to Hyde to watch the reserves derby - myself, wife and daughter. Freezing cold night, wind, freezing rain. We park up in a side street, but clearly we're nowhere near an entrance that's being used. We walk across an open patch of ground and get near the ground, but no open gate. Back we come onto the same side streets. We're working our way through them, all in full blue colours, when this big classy car pulls up and the passenger door opens. Me, I'm half deaf, so the wife leans in. Guy's clearly unsure himself which way to get into the ground on this particular night. Wife tells him we haven't a clue. Stands up, and tells me what the guy is asking. Says she vaguely recognises the fellow. Curious, I lean in. It's Bobby Charlton.

I tell him I'm a true blue, but he still gave me loads of pleasure, mainly in an England shirt. That he was a top player, but my best memories of him were all the derbies I watched him lose at Maine Road. In fun, with a smile, no malice. And he took it really well. Thanked me for the compliments, laughed at the rest.

He drives off. We set off on the search again. And that's when the wife says, "No point, really, was there?"

"No point in what?" says I.

Apparently he'd offered us all a lift while he'd toured the ground looking for a way in - y'know - in his posh, heated car - and offered us a seat in his section. Now, I know there are no posh bits at Hyde, but HIS WAS COVERED, and I bet he got some butties too. Wife says, "But we don't get to sit with the City fans."

Anyway, Bobby's my nomination. Just for that.

If all this seems far-fetched, Manchester_City_Blue is my daughter, and she'll confirm it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.