Led Zeppelin

Ssssh...been waiting for this for a few months...
I know you’re an avid vinyl collector, how would you go about selling a ‘rare’ item were you to be so inclined? I’m aware of Discogs, but not sure if it’s going to be a hassle?

I know you’re an avid vinyl collector, how would you go about selling a ‘rare’ item were you to be so inclined? I’m aware of Discogs, but not sure if it’s going to be a hassle?

It's not a hassle selling on there, as long as you grade it properly and aim your price right then it's relatively easy. The only downside is being a first time seller usually puts some people off. Especially if it is a high price. It's never been an issue with me though.

If I wanted to shift on my unopened and mint Violator box set, which goes for a grand and upwards, I'd probably sell it for around 800 quid...that's still a huge mark up on the 130 quid I paid for it. The trick is to not be greedy. It's only worth what people will pay for it.

What's the album?

It's not a hassle selling on there, as long as you grade it properly and aim your price right then it's relatively easy. The only downside is being a first time seller usually puts some people off. Especially if it is a high price. It's never been an issue with me though.

If I wanted to shift on my unopened and mint Violator box set, which goes for a grand and upwards, I'd probably sell it for around 800 quid...that's still a huge mark up on the 130 quid I paid for it. The trick is to not be greedy. It's only worth what people will pay for it.

What's the album?
Cheers for the info - it’s a single actually. Soundhouse Tapes by Iron Maiden. They seem to be going for upwards of a grand. I’ve got in touch with a local independent record shop so I’m going to drop it in there and see if they can shift it. I don’t have any means of playing my vinyl now and I didn’t even know I had this one.

Cheers for the info - it’s a single actually. Soundhouse Tapes by Iron Maiden. They seem to be going for upwards of a grand. I’ve got in touch with a local independent record shop so I’m going to drop it in there and see if they can shift it. I don’t have any means of playing my vinyl now and I didn’t even know I had this one.
Nice!

Your local independent will try and shift it on but it all depends if anyone wants it...he will also take his cut!

Check for Lyn markings to make sure it's not a bootleg! They should be there on the runout albeit very faint. Do you have the flyer with it?

Sold mine a fair few years ago on Ebay, put at decent reserve on it but I got more or less the top end of what it was valued at in Record collector at the time. Was about £350 then, wish I’d kept it now but it was when money was tight and used it towards a family holiday.

Nice!

Your local independent will try and shift it on but it all depends if anyone wants it...he will also take his cut!

Check for Lyn markings to make sure it's not a bootleg! They should be there on the runout albeit very faint. Do you have the flyer with it?
There wasn’t a flyer in it that I recall - although I’ve seen reference to it online. I bought it after I saw Maiden with Di’Anno in Brum so I’m pretty sure it’s an original. I’ll keep you posted after I’ve popped in the shop.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.