Lee, Bell and Summerbee to be honoured with statues

Difficult one this as I love the ones we have but where do you stop, yes these guys where my hero's long before David and Vincent but what about Mike Doyle dickov swp the goat and many more burt defo should have one as a say Difficult one this.

Difficult one this as I love the ones we have but where do you stop, yes these guys where my hero's long before David and Vincent but what about Mike Doyle dickov swp the goat and many more burt defo should have one as a say Difficult one this.
Let be real we’re never gonna give one to dickov etc ffs, the players we have done them for are a perfect fit and now no more, will look brilliant to look at in 10 years

I suppose everybody has a criteria for what they think is worthy of a statue but here's what I reckon:

• Success. For a club that has been around for 130 years give or take, then you need to have won trophies and medals and be an important squad member who contributed to these.
  • Longevity. You must be part of the 10 year club at least. Franny Lee obviously misses out on this as a player but combined with his Chairmanship then reaches it.
  • Impression. You have to have the type of impact where fans will be telling their children about you. A good measure of this is the "we need someone like" test. If years after you leave, people are saying "we need someone like Bell/Lee/Kompany" etc then there's a good chance that you made a lasting impression on the fanbase.
  • Behaviour. You need to be a "good human being" for whatever that is worth. No shagging your brothers wife and forcing her to abort a baby.
Not too many players fit that at any club to be honest but all of our choices so far do.

Just for the regard us fans had for them, I'd like to see statues of Zaba and Kinkladze.
As much as I completely love Kinkladze and know he's the best dribbler of a ball in the Prem era plus even named my account after him, I'm honestly not sure I agree with him getting a statue he had world class talent never fulfilled even if he was magical it was just an era of bad times.. I'm a believer in not forgetting your past but I feel others are more deserving at this current time, like Book Young Oakes Brook Trautmann Doherty Yaya and others ahead of him.
If the club chooses to put a shitload of smaller statues around the ground and campus with plenty of space for newer legends or club icons, along with a story about them on a big plaque then I'd completely agree and say yeah make a statue of Kinkladze and many others, we've a rich history that our own fans seem to forget about we could highlight their career with us on those massive plaques detailing particular moments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.