Lee Dixon Previews the big game

bluesoup said:
Not for me this guy. He certainty doesn't come across on motd as a city supporter! Far from it, he comes across as a arsenal fan. One positive comment doesn't make him a nice guy all of a sudden.

He is an Arsenal fan as well as a City fan. You should be able to accept and understand that. He explained on MOTD earlier this season that his club now is Arsenal because it's where he spent his career and where he won major trophies. It's bound to happen. If any of us now went on to play for another club for that length of time, winning all them trophies, passionate as we all are about City i would imagine we would go on to support the club we played for whilst also remaining a blue at heart. Jamie Carragher openly admits that he grew up an Everton fan but when he retires he will remain Liverpool.

Dixon said that City will always have a special place in his heart and that even though Arsenal is his club now he would love to see us go onto win things.

Don't know what some people's issues are with that. Having said all that and nice guy he is, I don't think he's particularly brilliant as a pundit, he doesnt offer you an opinion or show you something you've failed to see yourself, although not many of them do I suppose.

He wasn't as confident on MOTD on Sunday, he left it to Shearer to say it was beyond doubt. Typical blue ;-)

It's the way football is mate. My son is a blue from birth but plays for wigan academy he goes to wigan games and looks out for there scores , but when city vs wigan always supporting city , if you play for a club you get an affection for them. How many of our starting 11 on Sunday will be city fans? But don't tell me they don't care about the club, Dixon is a blue but played for arsenal, and did a good job of it, so of course he will have feelings for arsenal, but he is blue through and through

Plain Speaking said:
Anyone doubting Lee Dixons affection for us need only read:
"...on Sunday - sweet, blue Sunday - I expect my team to do the business..."

Only stands up for us now that we are likely to win the League.

I think my point is not as clear as I thought it was. Dixon comes out to say he was a boyhood city supporter whilst we are about to win the title.

Where was his blue tinted glasses when sitting next to the other pundits who made pokes at city on motd. Did he give balance to negative comments about us... I think not... Well none that I remember !

Yes you can support more than one club, I agree to that... But dixon rarely let's on he was once a blue and regularly says he is a stonewall arsenal fan...

Just find his timing opportune ...

Because its his job, the one that puts food on the table, just like Neville is a rag, but he can't come across as the scum are this the scum are that, if anything Neville has favoured us over them this season but we all know he is a red, so is Neville now a blue because he does not slag us at every chance he gets ?

Let's just have different opinions on this.

At least neville shows no bias for or against city as yet , and does not join in the city bashing from fellow presenters. I think he also needs to feed his family!

If we were not in this position dixon would still be smirking with Hanson about how we threw away 8 points and how we were not a team capable of winning the league... But hey ho he's just doing his job !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.