Lee Mason What A Twat (the ref)

I've got plenty - starting with worst ref ever (excluding George Courtney who was untouchable)

Though Dunne deserved the red - Zaki should have gone for the elbow. Countless wrong calls including missing that a ball went out of play by about a yard. He completely lost the plot. I thought Onuoha was gonna hit him at one point and he never loses his rag - great win though. Proud of the boys today

Gunter said:
I've got plenty - starting with worst ref ever (excluding George Courtney who was untouchable)

Though Dunne deserved the red - Zaki should have gone for the elbow. Countless wrong calls including missing that a ball went out of play by about a yard. He completely lost the plot. I thought Onuoha was gonna hit him at one point and he never loses his rag - great win though. Proud of the boys today

I take it, you didn't go to the Wigan game at their place, because this guy could have ran master classes on refereeing next to Steve Bennett based on their 2 "performances" and I thought today's ref was dreadful!

What a disgrace of a performance. A crass, inept, and staggeringly shitty exhibition of how increasingly woeful Premier referees are becoming. Wigan go what they deserved - sweet FA. This was the kind of performance I thought Hughes would make standard. Well done the lads. Everyone put in a fantastic 90 minutes.

Absolutely ******** useless knob.
Is it me or do we get terrible refs all the time especially at home??
I reckon they are against us even more now since the takeover,and I reckon its only a matter of time before someone runs on pitch and gives one of em a crack,can see it happening i really can

fantastic performance by the lads, second half was brilliant defending with ten men, pulled together and weathered the storm that wigan threw at us. ref didnt have a clue. wayne bridge cracking debut, brilliant asset not afraid to wander up field and some brilliant moves with him and Robinho.

Elephant man thinks the ref was poor today, but for different reasons, amazingly.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/724/premier-league/2009/01/17/1065554/wigan-were-robbed-of-penalties-steve-bruce" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/724/premier ... teve-bruce</a>

Wigan Athletic manager Steve Bruce felt his side should have been given a penalty kick on more than one occassion during the 1-0 defeat away to Manchester City today.

"It's a penalty," declared Bruce with regard to Lee Cattermole appearing to be fouled inside the box late on in the game.

"He's kicked him right along the shins and there's one or two handball incidents where I'm looking thinking that could be given a penalty as well."

Richard Dunne was dismissed in the 54th minute for reacting to a challenge from Amr Zaki, a decision which Bruce suggests actually worked against his side.

"Every decision after that, it was as if the referee was just evening it up because he'd sent somebody off," Bruce said.

"If he's had the courage to go and send somebody off then he has to keep blowing for what he sees and I just think he was influenced by the whole stadium and their bench."

A seemingly frustrated Bruce added: "We've come away with nothing, but I suppose that is the Premier League for you.

"We missed an outstanding chance with Zaki to level it up, but it wasn't our day. Like the other night we've played very, very well and thrown everything at them, but couldn't quite break through."

Ricky Brooks, Goal.com

Swordfish7 said:
Elephant man thinks the ref was poor today, but for different reasons, amazingly.

"If he's had the courage to go and send somebody off then he has to keep blowing for what he sees and I just think he was influenced by the whole stadium and their bench."

The Elephant Man is partially true - yes he did keep blowing. To give Wigan yet another free kick.

'Caterfoul' could have been sent off twice for the number of fouls he committed today. Bruce you are a tosser of the highest order.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.