Leeds 2015/16 thread

I genuinely wish the Leeds Fans UTD Group the best wishes in acquiring the club from that Italian bloke (forgot his name)
And would like to see Leeds back competing one day in the top league (although I doubt this).
Historically they have had a big fanbase and matches would be more interesting than say Bournemouth and Southampton.

I wasn't around as an Adult back in the day when Hooliganism was more rife so I don't have any hatred for the club,
Just don't wanna see such an historic club in the dumps (apart from the Rag bastards)

I was at the March 1975 game with my Dad and it was horrific,had many other bad days at Leeds but to be fair you had bad days everywhere in the 70s/80s.
Have some mates from Sheffield who follow them so for their sake I wish to see them back soon,the fans getting control has to be better than what has been going on.
There for the grace of God go I.

I was at the March 1975 game with my Dad and it was horrific,had many other bad days at Leeds but to be fair you had bad days everywhere in the 70s/80s.
Have some mates from Sheffield who follow them so for their sake I wish to see them back soon,the fans getting control has to be better than what has been going on.
There for the grace of God go I.
Their psycho (a lot of them) fans were proper cunts. Hated us with a passion for some reason. The feeling soon became mutual.

Let them rot

The funny thing about fan ownership that no one mentions is that in Spain and Germany fan owned clubs charge their members a fee.. say €50-100 p.a which earns them millions each year.

I genuinely wish the Leeds Fans UTD Group the best wishes in acquiring the club from that Italian bloke (forgot his name)
And would like to see Leeds back competing one day in the top league (although I doubt this).
Historically they have had a big fanbase and matches would be more interesting than say Bournemouth and Southampton.

I wasn't around as an Adult back in the day when Hooliganism was more rife so I don't have any hatred for the club,
Just don't wanna see such an historic club in the dumps (apart from the Rag bastards)
It depends how far back you want to go. Historically, Huddersfield town had a big fanbase when they won 3 consecutive league titles in the 30s, and where are they now?
Leeds weren't a "big" club until the Revie era, when they became universally despised for their approach to the game. From numbers 1 to 11 they were a bunch of cheating cloggers, the worst of which, in my opinion, being Johnny Giles, and even Gary Sprake could dish it out. Under Revie, they practically rewrote the book on "gamesmanship", aka cheating. And let's not forget their fans, who make Genghis Khan's hordes look like a bunch of pussycats! Like many on here, you took your life in your hands going to Elland Road, and even at the home matches there was trouble.

It might be a good idea for the fans to own the club, so let them get on with it. I couldn't give a damn if they're successful or not.

The funny thing about fan ownership that no one mentions is that in Spain and Germany fan owned clubs charge their members a fee.. say €50-100 p.a which earns them millions each year.
Leeds have a Supporters Trsut and membership is £5 per annum. One of the key objectives for a Supportrs Trust is that membership is affordable. In spain and German they are managed differently and are often proper sporting clubs, where members have access to the facilities.

So at Barcelona, soci membership (costing €177 for an adult) entitles you to take part in various sporting and cultural activities at the club, free tours of Camp Nou, a vote in elections, early access to tickets and other benefits.

But when the average season ticket in Germany is around 150e (standing) that extra on top isn't too much of an issue along with the benefits mentioned above by Prestwich Blue

But when the average season ticket in Germany is around 150e (standing) that extra on top isn't too much of an issue along with the benefits mentioned above by Prestwich Blue

Never been able to get a standing ticket in Germany.. and the seats was around €40-60 for the games I attended.
No.. these oh so cheap German tickets might very well exist, but unless you already are a member of the club and have perhaps been on a waiting list for ages you´ll not see them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.