leeds a big club?

MCC said:
desperatedon said:
lancs blue said:
One-club city and they still can't average 30k in a promotion chasing season. Keep them down, bunch of tossers.

Not keen on them myself but they are not a one club city, they have a successful rugby league club who regularly attract 14/15k (a bit like Wigan).

The ball may be a different shape but they are competing for the same colour of a punter's money in the sports supporting market.

Rugby league play in the summer though.
Correct. There is very little overlap in the two sports' seasons.

MCC said:
desperatedon said:
lancs blue said:
One-club city and they still can't average 30k in a promotion chasing season. Keep them down, bunch of tossers.

Not keen on them myself but they are not a one club city, they have a successful rugby league club who regularly attract 14/15k (a bit like Wigan).

The ball may be a different shape but they are competing for the same colour of a punter's money in the sports supporting market.

Rugby league play in the summer though.

Good point, but they overlap and if you are to buy a season ticket then you will only buy for one and pick your games for the other.

I can see your argument but (as a Wiganer) I know that people tend to choose one or the other and support only that club. That is why Wigan Athletic supporters hate the Warriors more than any football club. If there was no rugby in Wigan the Latics would probably sell out, it may or may not be the same in Leeds but I suspect there is a "rugby effect" to some degree.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
BlueMo' said:
I think they are.
Had some dodgy days away at Leeds.
Enjoyable all the same.
I'd like to see 'em back.
1978 and 77 spring to mind followed by a trip to Newcastle oh they were the days ?

January/Feb FA cup games? 3rd and 5th round?

so263l.jpg

1zw0xs9.jpg

CITY FOR LIFE said:
BlueMo' said:
I think they are.
Had some dodgy days away at Leeds.
Enjoyable all the same.
I'd like to see 'em back.
1978 and 77 spring to mind followed by a trip to Newcastle oh they were the days ?[/quote

Aw,C'mon,forgive and forget....I'm sure the young scallywags who 'asked us to leave the Spion kop' that memorable day are all grown up pillars of society now.Would like to thanks West Yorkshire constabulary for the guided tour of the touch line whilst I'm on.

de niro said:
dont make me laugh, the ground is half empty and they want promotion.
Went past Elland Rd recentley, and during the season they are doing repairs to the outside of their biggest stand. There is no side to it? So where the stairs are it is completely open. Maybe this has something to do with the half empty ground - but i don't think it would have a massive impact, obviously there have got to be other routes to get to their seats.
But ummm, if they are a big club surely they could sort out their stadium, looks a bit like Stockport County.

Bellers_a_hero said:
de niro said:
Went past Elland Rd recentley, and during the season they are doing repairs to the outside of their biggest stand. There is no side to it? So where the stairs are it is completely open. Maybe this has something to do with the half empty ground - but i don't think it would have a massive impact, obviously there have got to be other routes to get to their seats.
But ummm, if they are a big club surely they could sort out their stadium, looks a bit like Stockport County.

The scenes at the begining of the recent film "The Kings Speech" were filmed at Elland Road because it's very similar to the old Wembley stadium.

Just thought I'd mention that!

Ridiculous to say they're not a big club. Quite a large section of their support however are utter scum. I've never met a blue who's been to Ellend Rd without getting some sort of mither off Leeds fans.
I'd have them back in a shot for one reason alone. They would give the rags a game instead of bending over for them like Wigan, Spurs and a few others do.

THFC6061 said:
Bellers_a_hero said:
de niro said:

The scenes at the begining of the recent film "The Kings Speech" were filmed at Elland Road because it's very similar to the old Wembley stadium.

Just thought I'd mention that!
Thanks for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.