Leeds away Fa Cup 1977/78

BillyMC said:
Went to this game, always remember the Corrigan save. MOTD back then used to have a save of the season comp and it was always a big deal to me and my mates at school...I remember being gutted when big Joe lost out to Stepney...sure it was a save against us at Maine road that won it.

Wasn't it a header from Joe Royle?
Or i'm thinking of another save!

brad the blue said:
BillyMC said:
Went to this game, always remember the Corrigan save. MOTD back then used to have a save of the season comp and it was always a big deal to me and my mates at school...I remember being gutted when big Joe lost out to Stepney...sure it was a save against us at Maine road that won it.

Wasn't it a header from Joe Royle?
Or i'm thinking of another save!
I think your right...blimey you got a better memory than me!

A mini bus load of us went to this, unloaded under the motorway to be picked up after the game. As we approached the ground and shops oposite we were surrounded by Leeds fans and it kicked off.I got dragged out of the melee by a copper on a horse and dragged to our turnstiles, told me I was a knob for wearing my colours, anyway I ended up with a split lip and had a flap of skin inside my mouth I couldn't chew off.
I remember some building work going on at the ground and bricks and bottles were being thrown into the stadium from outside, hundreds of City fans were trying to hide behind huge pillars.
Then it went off in the ground, a pitch invasion, City had all down one side as I remember, it was chaos all day.
Somehow we managed to get back to the motorway sporting various injuries when 3 Leeds fans trotted under the motorway on the opposite side of the road, I remeber us looking at one another and then chasing these poor fuckers accross an overgrown field when they all at the same time fell over, they had run into a low fence, well, that was that, they go a kicking...... Got home and went to hospital to have moy mouth stitched inside and the flap of skin cut off. We won though...........!!!!<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:32 pm --<br /><br />
Stretford Born Blue said:
A mini bus load of us went to this, unloaded under the motorway to be picked up after the game. As we approached the ground and shops oposite we were surrounded by Leeds fans and it kicked off.I got dragged out of the melee by a copper on a horse and dragged to our turnstiles, told me I was a knob for wearing my colours, anyway I ended up with a split lip and had a flap of skin inside my mouth I couldn't chew off.
I remember some building work going on at the ground and bricks and bottles were being thrown into the stadium from outside, hundreds of City fans were trying to hide behind huge pillars.
Then it went off in the ground, a pitch invasion, City had all down one side as I remember, it was chaos all day.
Somehow we managed to get back to the motorway sporting various injuries when 3 Leeds fans trotted under the motorway on the opposite side of the road, I remeber us looking at one another and then chasing these poor fuckers accross an overgrown field when they all at the same time fell over, they had run into a low fence, well, that was that, they got a kicking...... Got home and went to hospital to have moy mouth stitched inside and the flap of skin cut off. We won though...........!!!!

Somehow we managed to get back to the motorway sporting various injuries when 3 Leeds fans trotted under the motorway on the opposite side of the road, I remeber us looking at one another and then chasing these poor fuckers accross an overgrown field when they all at the same time fell over, they had run into a low fence, well, that was that, they go a kicking...... Got home and went to hospital to have moy mouth stitched inside and the flap of skin cut off. We won though...........!!!!

-- Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:32 pm --

Somehow we managed to get back to the motorway sporting various injuries when 3 Leeds fans trotted under the motorway on the opposite side of the road, I remeber us looking at one another and then chasing these poor fuckers accross an overgrown field when they all at the same time fell over, they had run into a low fence, well, that was that, they got a kicking...... Got home and went to hospital to have moy mouth stitched inside and the flap of skin cut off. We won though...........!!!!

Having been chibbed with a screwdriver through the gob..I know how you felt...fucking painful getting stitched!

My second ever live game ws a home match in 1980 against Leeds. It was 1-1 (Arthur Graham put them ahead before Paul Power scored at the North Stand end). I seem to remember there was violence in the ground over at the North/Main Stand end that day. Anyone remember that one?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.