Leeds (H) | Post Match Thread

Someone actually, seriously, just wrote in the match thread that this side doesn't deserve to win the league because if that game.

14 points clear, 2 defeats in 36 games. 8 players rested because we're playing a Champions League 1/4 final and an FA Cup semi final this week.

Seriously, some of you need to give yourselves a slap.

I dont know if its complete arrogance to think we should win every game, or just a hysterical paranoia that we are going to lose every league game left and bottle the league, but the whole discourse around this game has been absurd since before the match, people calling it a "must win" FFS.

We have bigger fish to fry. Pep picked as weak a side as he could, and Leeds managed to pull off a result, fair enough. The team will already be thinking about Dortmund.

At least we know the fringe players are exactly that.

KDB would have had a field day in all that space Stones was running into.

Sterling off and KDB on and we win that game
100 % why we are relying on stones to score, create & defend against 10 men is insane. Stones was knackered for their 2nd goal. He should be back cutting out counter attacks not rushing forward.

All on Pep today. Very poor management

Pep obviously can't rely on his squad fillers, can't blame Pep for the fact the players out there today wore triangle boots

Sterling, Cancelo, Torres very poor performances today. Stones, Jesus and Fern did very well and deserved more from those around them.
Sorry Fernandihno didn't do well. Lost Dallas on
Those players should be ashamed to pick up their wages after these numbers. Absolutely pathetic

View attachment 13997
How can Leeds have 1 shot on target when they scored 2 goals?

We had to lose sometime and I always thought a dogged Leeds side was our hardest remaining fixture. They did a number on us and credit to them.

I thought we missed the pace of Walker on the right and Mandy is simply a passenger on the left and offers nothing.

Some of our final ball decision making and shooting was Lge 2 std and this game showed that we are badly missing a player who can actually beat a man and draw another into covering. Sterling has to provide this thrust but he’s simply not at the races.

A bad day and i hope the forum doesn’t descend into nonesense. United will drop points and I doubt this will be anything other than a footnote in a few weeks time.

on we go again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.